Chapter Seven

AN: Hello everyone and welcome back to Soul of Shadows! So we'll be picking up with Sorina from the end of the last chapter before switching gears. Hope you all enjoy! Be sure to drop some comments as you read and let me know your thoughts! Now onward and forward to Chapter Seven!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

*Sorina*

"I won't ask you again, Wilder," Gabriel growled at Mason, "What the hell were you doing, kissing my sister?!"

"Gabe, be reasonable," I told him.

"Be reasonable?!" Gabriel asked, "He's part of the League of Light, Rina! How could we possibly trust him?!"

"He told us about the Hawthorn field!" I replied.

"Yes and that could have been just to endear himself to us," Gabriel growled, "Have you learned nothing from our recent battle with Marius?! He did the exact same thing to us! He got us to lower our guard and then turned on us!"

"You don't understand," I told my brother.

"Then enlighten me!" Gabriel told me.

"I love him," I admitted.

"What?" Gabriel asked, shocked and wanting to confirm what I had just said.

"I'm in love with Mason," I admitted.

Gabriel froze and in that moment I felt terrible for him. He looked so betrayed. When our Mother died, I think Gabriel had been hurt the most, since he was the one who spent the most time with her. The fact that our Mother has been slaughtered by Hunters took its toll on Gabriel's mind and so, the fact that I was in love with a Hunter had shaken Gabriel to his core. Out of all my siblings, I was the closest to Gabriel. We were the two middle children and I think that's what made our bond so strong. So, it really hurt to think that he wasn't okay with this. And it hurt me even more to see the pain on his face and knowing that I was the cause of it.

"Gabe...I'm sorry...but we don't choose who we love," I told him, "Maybe someday you'll understand that."

Gabriel left the library and Mason turned to me.

"I'm sorry," he told me, "I know how close you and Gabriel are."

I sighed.

"Gabe just needs time to process everything," I told Mason, "He'll come around." I hope, I told myself.

*Selena*

*Selena*

Damien, Malcolm, Talia, and I walked down the hall in the Northern Wing the next day and eventually we came to a stop in front of a door. It was just down the hall from the room I shared with Damien. I held my breath as Malcolm opened the door, expecting to see a gorgeous nursery behind it.