Chapter Twenty One

AN: Hello everyone and welcome to Chapter Twenty One! So we'll be venturing into Starlene's head first before switching gears. Hope you all enjoy! Be sure to drop some comments as you read! Now onward and forward to Chapter Twenty One!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

*Starlene*

I woke up the next morning and told Damien about what Calder has asked me to do.

"I'll try and keep Marius' focus off of you as much as I can," Damien told me.

"Don't," I told him, "Selena will be in more pain if you do. Besides, Marius will get suspicious if you suddenly start goading him into torturing you. I'll be fine."

He wasn't happy about it, but he agreed not to goad Marius.

"Release your shadow Star," Damien told me, "You may not get another chance."

I nodded and turned to the darkness. A shadowy soldier stepped out of the darkness and bowed.

"My Queen," he whispered, "What is your command?"

"Go and explore the castle," I told him, "See if you can find out anything about the security situation. Even if you can't, see if you can find out anything useful. Then report back to me after the sun sets."

My soldier bowed and melted away into the shadows.

"Now we wait," I told Damien.

"I hope he finds something we can use," Damien told me, "With Marius on the throne, things must be in utter chaos."

"He doesn't care about the people," I agreed, "He just wants power."

"We'll put an end to this Star," Damien assured me, "Our family will once again sit on the throne."

"I hope you're right," I told him.

*Sorina*

*Sorina*

"Can we talk about sleeping arrangements?" I heard Calder ask as the moon appeared in the sky that night, "This house isn't exactly big enough for all of us."

"Selena gets a bedroom all to herself," Stefan stated, "I don't care what anyone else says, being pregnant with Damien's son gives her the right to sleep in a bed."

The rest of us nodded in agreement.

"And who would you give the other bedroom to?" Gabriel asked.

"Raine, Sorina, and Emberly," Stefan replied, "You, me, Mason, and Cal can camp out here in the living room."

The rest of us agreed to the arrangement and went to sleep. I saw Emberly give Stefan a long kiss. They seemed closer than ever and I chalked that up to Emberly's transformation into a vampire.