Chapter Seventeen

AN: So we're going to meet someone new this chapter and big thank you to mandapanda96 for helping to name this new character. Hope you all enjoy! Be sure to drop some comments as you read! Now onward and forward to Chapter Seventeen!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

*Sorina*

The cell door opened and a young woman with blonde hair and hazel eyes was shoved inside. She fell to the floor and seemed to be weakened. The cell door closed behind her. She looked up and gasped when she saw me.

"Queen Sorina?" she asked.

"Yes and you are?" I asked.

"Raine Riverton," she replied.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I was attacked by Marius' guards while I was out helping to search for you," Raine replied.

"To search for me?" I asked in a hope filled voice. Could it be true? Was my family out searching for me?

"The High One sent scouts out once your family realized that you'd been kidnapped," Raine told me as she made to touch my chains, wanting to free me.

"Don't!" I told her, "The chains are laced with Hawthorn."

She gasped and withdrew her hand.

"We need to get out of here," I told Raine, "Did you see any possible escape routes when the guards brought you in?"

"No, My Queen, I'm sorry," she told me.

I noticed the onyx and bloodstone bracelet she was wearing. A Daylight Talisman. At least she still had one.

As I spotted her Daylight Talisman, I got an idea. It was risky, but it could work.

"Raine, I need you to go to the back of the room and press the button," I told her. She did I said and the panels opened. I braced myself for the searing pain of the sun's rays, but it never came. I looked out of the corner of my eye and saw the moon. I sighed in relief.

"Are there bars on the open panels?" I asked, not being able to see any myself, but wanting to be sure.

"No, My Queen," Raine replied.

I nodded.

"Raine, I need you to get me out of these chains," I told her, "I know it will be painful, but this is the only way we can escape. Try not to make any noise, we don't want the guards to hear us."

She nodded and walked over to me. She grabbed my chaining and started to break them. I saw her bite her lip and felt my heart hurt. She was in pain. I heard the sizzle of her hands burning as she tried to break the chains as quickly as she could.

The last chain came off and I noticed how severely burned Raine's palms were. She wasn't healing, so she much have been much weaker than I initially thought. I bit into my wrist and offered her my blood.

"It will help you heal," I told her.

She took a couple of sips and her palms healed.