Chapter Twenty Four

AN: Hello everyone and welcome to Chapter Twenty Four of Soul of Shadows! We'll be venturing into Stefan's head before switching gears. Hope you all enjoy! Be sure to drop some comments as you read! Now onward and forward to Chapter Twenty Four!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

*Stefan*

Damien was angry...no he was furious. His eyes were blazing red as he saw Marius towering menacingly over an injured Selena, like a tiger waiting to pounce on its prey.

"I said get away from her Marius!" Damien growled angrily as his eyes became redder. His hands flared up with black flames.

"Such anger, Damien," Marius smirked, "I think I'll keep her here with me. Once I rip your spawn out of her, she'll be able to bear my heir and the power of the Mercer and Drake families will flow through the veins of my son."

Damien clenched his hands into fists and started to shake with fury. But then Selena began to glow. She screamed in anger and let out a wave of light that sent Marius flying back. She stood up, and initially struggled to stay standing, but managed to catch herself. She steadied herself and turned to face Marius.

"I will never bear your heir!" she hissed as she threw a ball of light at my Uncle, "I will never sit beside you as your Queen!" She hurled another ball of light at Marius. "You're a tyrant!" Another ball of light hit Marius. "A liar!" And another. "And a traitor!" Another ball of light hit Marius. He stood up, holding his side, and gave her a cruel smile.

"You've gotten stronger, kitten," he smirked and stalked towards my sister in law, "You'll be mine whether you want to or not."

Damien sped over to Marius and punched him across the face, hard.

While Damien and Selena were dealing with Marius, I noticed Nadia stalking towards a shackled Emberly.

"Gabe!" I shouted. He looked up and saw Emberly in danger. His hands crackled with electricity. He blasted my shackled off and I rushed over and threw Nadia across the room.

I used my enhanced strength and shattered Emberly's shackles.

"She's mine," Emberly told me. I nodded.

Gabriel blasted off his own shackles along with Calder's.

Sorina and Gabriel got to work dealing with the Hunters.

"I've got Hayley!" I heard Starlene shout.

"That means William is mine!" Calder replied.

"Which leaves Lady Pennington for me!" I added.

I turned my attention to Lady Pennington. She glared at me.

We circled each other.

"You and your siblings aren't worthy of the throne Stefan," she told me, "You're just a bunch of little kids. You go out and party. You toss traditions aside. You all think you're the greatest monarchs to ever grace the throne room. Well you're not! And now, I get to have the pleasure of ripping you to pieces. Any last words you'd like me to say to your little harlot?"

That did it and I pounced on her. She dodged my attack, but I wasn't done yet. I swung at her, trying to grab her so that I could tear her apart for disrespecting Emberly and having a hand in Sorina's kidnapping.