Chapter 19

Remus woke up to find that he was covered with a blanket and there was a pile of clothes to his left.

"You should get dressed. Madam Pomfrey will be here any minute." A voice to his right said.

"Nova! What are you doing here?" Remus said in panic before he remembered that Nova had come with him to help him through the full moon.

"Did I hurt you?" He asked timidly.

"No. Well it's nothing that can't be healed." She replied and showed him the long but shallow gash on her back.

"I'm sorry." He said and looked down.

"It was my fault really. I moved a bit too quickly and startled your wolf." She reassured him.

Nova left the room so he could get dressed.

He quickly put on his uniform and made his way into the room closest to the door Madam Pomfrey would come through.

"Can I check your wound? See how bad it is, Nova?" He asked.

"Sure. Though I've told you, it will heal in no time." She said exasperatedly.

Remus moved the back of her shirt up a bit and saw that the gash was the size of a small cut.

"See? Nothing to worry about." Nova said pulling away.

Remus nodded but then a thought occurred.

If the gash had been that bad when Nova first showed me... How bad was it when it was made?  He thought.

"Nova? How bad was the cut really?" He asked quietly.

"Remus. Don't worry about it. Here's Madam Pomfrey now." She replied with a sigh.

The woman in question stepped through the door and ushered them through the tunnel.

"Hello, Madam Pomfrey! Good morning!"

"Good morning, Nova. Do you or Remus have any injuries I need to tend to?" Madam Pomfrey asked.

"I'm alright. I've healed, but Remus has a rather large gash on his left leg that I'm surprised he hasn't noticed yet." Nova replied and Remus looked down at the wound in question.

He winced at how large it was.

"Come, Mr. Lupin, I'll see what I can do in the infirmary."

Nova made her way down to breakfast and sat down next to Lily.

"Hey, Nova! Where were you last night?" Lily asked upon seeing her friend.

"Oh. Remus and I's mother is sick. We went and visited her last night." Nova replied.

"Oh. I'm sorry to hear that. I hope she gets better soon." Lily said and they returned to their breakfasts before heading off to class.