Chapter 23

*Note: In this chapter there is cussing

"Bloody hell!"

"That's a werewolf!"

A black and white streak crosses my vision as we are pushed to the side roughly.

I look up just in time to see a girl throw the werewolf several yards away.

"You idiots!" A familiar voice says.

"Nova?!"

"Yes, Sirius! Now start running!" I stare at her in disbelief. Does she really think she can go up against a werewolf and win? She's nuts!

"I'm staying right where I am. Thank you very much."

"I don't have time for this... Just stay out of my way and try not to die."

And with that the werewolf charges at me. 

I close my eyes and wait for the blow, but it never comes.

When I open my eyes, Nova is standing over me. The werewolf's jaw clamped around her arm.

"Nova!"

"Shut up!"

She uses brute force to shove the were wolf a good distance away. Her mangled arm is now dangling at her side.

My eyes widen as the flesh knits together quickly before my eyes.

A low growl comes from the werewolf a few yards from us. Nova responds in a low growl.

It seems they are challenging eachother.

"You better fucking snap out of it, Remus! You didn't want to hurt anyone right? Think it through. Push the wolf away!"

"Remus?! B-but how?!"

"Piece it together, idiot! God he's going to kill me when he finds out I let it slip!"

"What do we do now?!" James asks with panic in his voice.

"I don't know. Two idiots broke the barrier somehow and now I have to fight off a werewolf until dawn."

"Wait a minute... How are you fighting off a werewolf now?"

Nova seems hesitant before saying one word.

"Astros."

The werewolf- Remus- attacks again.

"Sirius?! James?! Oh, you idiots there you are! I thought you had gotten... yourselves... in a... sticky... YOU IDIOTS!" Astra screams as she takes in the scene. "Wait a minute... is that... Nova?!"

We turn in time to see Nova get a long gash across her back. It doesnt fase her and she responds in kind by throwing the wolf to the ground.

"Hey, Astra! You should probably yell at those idiots while they can still hear because after this once I'm done with them they'll be deaf!"

A/N

Holy nuggets... I just read through all the chapters up to this one and I am so sorry! This jumps around and is probably quite confusing. I'll clear that up now... heh.

1. They do not know she's an Astros except for Remus. Nova never clearly mentions being an Astros ~ although she has almost let it slip a few times...

2. Nova means the last Astros when she says the last of her kind. There are a few other shifter tribes out there. More detail on them to come in later chapters.