Chapter 10

Diagon.

Quidditch.

Books.

Wand.

Pet.

A few days later.

I still can't believe I'm a witch, I thought as I sat underneath a large oak tree in the garden. Though it would explain all those accidents when I was younger.

"Nova!" I heard Hope call from the house.

I quickly stood up and walked along the garden path. As I opened the back door, I nearly crashed into Remus.

"Oh there you are Nova! I was just coming to get you. We're leaving for Diagon Alley in a few minutes and Mum wanted to make sure you have your list."

"Don't worry, I have it," I said as we walked through the kitchen and into the living room where Hope was bustling about, " Are you excited for Hogwarts?"

"Oh yes!" Remus exclaimed, making me chuckle.

"There you are Nova! I was wondering where you had gotten off to!" Hope exclaimed.

"Sorry. I was out in the garden thinking." I explained as she brought a pot of some kind of powder over from the fire place.

"Are you two ready? Do you have your lists?" She asked.

"Yes," Remus and I said holding out our lists.

"Good. Now take a handful each, that's it." She said as we each took a handful. "Now Remus, will you show Nova how to travel by floo powder?"

"Of course, Mum." Remus said stepping into the fireplace.

"Diagon Alley!" He called before disappearing in a whirl of green flames.

"Your turn!" Hope said pushing me towards the fireplace. "Watch your head!"

"Diagon Alley!" I cried, throwing the floo powder down. I closed my eyes and a moment later I was in some sort of shop.

"Hey, Nova! Over here!" I heard as I stepped out of the fire grate.

I turned and saw Remus standing a little ways away looking at some books.

I walked over to where Remus was and looked at the title of the book he was holding.

"Quidditch Through the Ages. What's quidditch?" I asked.

"Quidditch is a wizarding sport that's played on a broom stick. There are seven players on each team. Three chasers, two beaters, one keeper, and one seeker. The chasers pass a ball called a quaffle around and try to throw it into one of the three goal posts. A keeper defends the goal posts and tries to stop the other team from scoring. If you get the quaffle past the keeper and through one of the hoops, your team gets ten points. You with me so far?" Remus asked.

I nodded my head 'yes' And he continued.

" The beaters protect their team mates by hitting the two bludgers bludgers that fly around and hitting them at the other team. Bludgers fly around trying to knock the players of their brooms. And finally, the seeker tries to spot and catch the golden snitch before the other team's seeker can catch it. If the seeker catches the snitch, the game is over and that team is awarded one hundred and fifty points."

"Wow! That sounds fun!" I exclaimed.

"Maybe in second year, you can try out for a position on your house team."

"Yeah. Maybe I will." I replied thoughtfully.