21

He found her near the edge of the Forbidden Forest resting her back against a tree.

"Nova! What were you thinking?"

"I- I lost control."

"Nova... What's wrong?"

"There's a whole list of things, Remus."

"Nova... You aren't alone. Please just let me help you."

"Yes, I am Remus! My family was murdered and I couldn't do anything but watch! I deserve to be alone!"

"Nova..." Remus reached out and wrapped his adoptive sister in a hug. Nova couldn't hold the tears back any longer and started crying into his shoulder.

They heard a twig crack followed by a shhh.

Nova got up. She quickly and quietly moved with an unnatural stillness until she caught the individuals and drug them back to Remus by their collars.

"It's not polite to eavesdrop on private conversations." Nova said coldly.

"Calm down, Nova." Remus put a grounding hand on her shoulder.

"Why did you follow him out here? What have you heard?" She asked flatly.

"Call it curiosity. You did slam me into a wall after all... My poor back'll be bruised for weeks!"

"What did you hear?" Nova asked again.

After a moment they responded.

"Everything."

A blank look passed over her face and she started further into the woods.

"Nova? Where are you going? It's not safe out there!" Sirius yelled after her.

Remus shook his head with a saddened look across his face.

"She'll be fine. She just has to clear her head. She'll be back."

😓😓😓😓😓😓😓😓😓😓😓😓

Nova had traveled deep into the Forbidden Forest and had accidentally stumbled upon a nest of acromantula. As she ducked one's attack another came in and scratched her face.

She could feel the venom take it's course through her veins. The cuts would take a while to heal and probably scar over but nothing that was critical.

She was in need of something to do. And fighting these dog-sized spiders was something.

Once she had retreated into the trees again, she made her way back to Hogwarts.