Chapter 28

Nova is now 18. One year after Hogwarts graduation.

"Damn... Last time I was here there were less trees and undergrowth." I heard Nova mutter under her breath.

"Well, this just makes it feel more like an adventure!" Sirius exclaims from the trees.

"Yeah, I mean look at how climbable these trees are! Hey Lily watch this!"

"James no! Don't you dare! James Potter! If you- JAMES! SIRIUS!!" We hear Lily screech from behind us and then a large crash.

"Would you stop messing around! We aren't here for a picnic!" Remus growled at him and we turned around to see him holding the two men by the backs of their collars.

We suddenly hear a crashing through the trees and watch as Nova takes a defensive position in front of us. She sniffs the air and starts to growl.

We all take a step back in surprise. You never hear Nova growl like that. Ever.

The crashing comes to a sudden stop as a giant calico wolf jumps from the undergrowth and shifts midair into a young man wearing work clothes.

"Nova! What a beautiful surprise to see you again!" He smirks. The older man has shoulder length black hair and piercing aqua eyes. He gave off a powerful aura. Not unlike Nova's.

"Jericho. Why are you in my people's lands. You are not an Astros." Nova growls and looks furiously at Jericho.

"I'm not? Why? Because broke a few pack laws?" He waves his hand and smiles back at Nova sadistically.

"You killed our Luna!" She yells at him.

"So? It's not like a liar like her was fit to co-lead the pack anyway."

"Why are you here? What do you want? THERE IS NOTHING FOR YOU HERE ANYMORE!"

"Oh, I think we both know that's not true. The Orb is here of course."

"Unfortunately, I cannot allow a traitor like you to have the orb. You don't deserve it! We protected it with our lives! That's the life of the Astros! Of the shifters! Protect the your tribe's relic at all costs! And what did you do? You are a coward! You turned your back when we needed you most. Killing our Luna was one thing, but you stood by and watched as the Astros were murdered."

And with that Nova turned into a large, black wolf with glowing purple eyes. Her fangs bared she launched at Jericho.

Who grins and shifts.