Chapter 15

Hmm... Now where to put you.

I jumped as I heard a voice inside of my head that wasn't mine.

Let's see... You are very wise and clever, but also very, very brave.

I think I know where to put you child, but before I voice my opinion, what is yours?

I don't mind as long as it's not Slytherin, sir, I thought.

Alright then.

Better be... GRYFFINDOR!

A table in red stood up and clapped as I came and took a spot next to the Black twins for they had also been sorted into Gryffindor.

Next was Remus.

I held my breath and waited for the Sorting Hat's answer.

Gryffindor! The hat called out and Remus came and took a seat next to me.

James was also put in Gryffindor.

  "So what were you talking to the Sorting hat about?" Astra asked Sirius, grabbing a bread roll.

  " I asked him a lot of questions about his sanity. After I put my foot down about him putting me in Slytherin, the bloody hat tried to put me in Hufflepuff."

  " Now I'm questioning his sanity. You, Sirius Orion Black, in Hufflepuff!" Astra snickered.

  " Shut up," he said, looking annoyed, " what about you?"

  " What about me?"

  " Yeah what did you say to the Sorting Hat? You looked quite frustrated." Peter asked.

  He had come over before James and had been asked by Sirius if he wanted to sit at the end by us.

  "Right after I put that stupid hat on he tried to put me in Slytherin right away. He assumed I was exactly like the rest of my family, save Sirius, and started to yell out Slytherin. I shut him up though." Astra explained, smiling lazily.

  " Oooh. What did you say to it?" James asked.

  " Don't you fucking dare. Why?" She asked.

  "Astra Nova Black! Language!" Sirius gasped and smacked Astra's shoulder.

  " Oh please, as if you're such a saint." She scoffed.

  " Saint Sirius. I think I like the sound of that." Sirius replied thoughtfully.

  " Careful you don't want to hurt yourself." Astra told him.

  " Excuse me?" Sirius said, clearly offended.

  " I mean with all that thinking..." Astra said cheekily.

  " Shut up." Sirius grumbles.

  " Shut doesn't up." Astra retorted.

  Suddenly the food disappeared and in it's place desserts appeared.

  Cherry tarts, Treacle's, eclairs, cupcakes, candy, chocolate, ice cream... You name it.

  " Wow..." Peter murmured and dug in.

  I smiled and grabbed a bar of chocolate and a piece of cheesecake.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

  "This is the entrance to our common room. To get into the common room, you must tell Elizabeth a password," the prefect was saying, " the password changes every week. The new password will be posted up in the common room the night before.

  " The password for the next week is mahogany." The prefect said and the portrait swung open like a door.

  We looked inside and saw various pieces of furniture scattered about in the red and gold. We could hear a fire in the fireplace crackling away as well.

  As we climbed through the portrait, we we're met with the warmth of a  fire.

  "Girls to the left. Boys to the right. Your names are on your dormitory doors. Have a nice night everyone!" The prefect said and we all walked into our respective dorms.

/ *        *
         *    *      *
                   *      *

I was the first one in the dorm.

I share a room with three other girls I saw after I had look at the roster.

Astra Black, Lily Evans, and Alice Fortescue.

I let Shula out of her cage after I had settled in my bed.

I heard the door open a moment later and Astra ran in and jumped onto her bed with a content sigh before immediately falling asleep afterwards.