32

The orb was protected in a deep pool of water.

"Only an Astros can enter." Nova says while digging through her pack and pulling out a long rope. "If anything happens up here, which I doubt, tug on the rope."

She hands one end of the rope to James and ties the other around her waist.

"If I need to untie the rope, I will. So don't panic. If I don't come up for a while, don't panic either. The orb is said to be protected by the souls of the former village cheifs. I should have no problems." She says before wading into the water. She cringes for a moment but that's all we see as she fully submerges into the water.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Nova's point of view

The water was burning me. The deeper I got, the more it burned.

As I got closer to the orb, I could see the protective shell around it.

I drifted to a stop before the shell and put my hand to it. To my surprise, it felt like jelly and my hands passed right through it. I could feel something pulling me in and the rest of my body passed through.

I sat in the sand for a second coughing and catching my breath.

"Nova?" I heard the all too familiar voice behind me.

"Cheif?!" I stand quickly and turn.

Standing before me is a younger looking version of the former chief of Astros.

A smile broke out on his tan face and he engulfed me in a hug.

"How much time has passed? How did you get here? Why are you here?"

"Almost eight years have passed. I have journeyed here for the Orb. It is no longer safe here. I must take it with me."

Suddenly more cheifs of the past appeared. Some in their wolf forms, some in their human forms. All spirits of the past.

"Why must you take it from here? It is perfectly safe here. Only an Astros can enter these waters anyway." One of them asks.

"It's not a matter of who can come here. It is a matter of who can destroy this place and the Orb. I must take it with me to protect it."

All the cheifs look to each other. All nodding and understanding something that is being kept from me.

"It is starting then." My father tells me. "Nova, listen to me. If you are here to get the orb, it means the ancient premonition is starting to come true. It needs to be kept from happening at all costs.

You need to gather all of the relics from the other tribes. They were made specifically for this task. The task of stopping an evil too great to deal with without them."

"Yes, Chief." I nod in response.

"And Nova. You need to control that temper of yours. Even though Jericho was responsible for killing us, he was still an Alpha. His pack is distraught. His son now has to carry the responsibility of Alpha."

"Yes, Cheif. Sorry, Chief." I look down.

A former Cheif walks up to the Orb's pedestal and takes the stone in his hands.

He walks back to me and hands me the Orb gently.

"Please. Be careful with this and on your journeys. Don't forget your origins and grow in your power. Don't let the world be broken."

"I won't and I hope you all have a safe journey to be with the rest of the pack. You no longer have to stay here and guard this."

"Good bye, Nova." Cheif said kindly.

"Rest in peace, Father." I said before taking a breath and jumping out of the air pocket.

I swam to the surface and gasped for breath.

"Nova!" I heard Lily exclaim as I collapsed onto the sandy beach of the cavern.

"Did you get it?" Remus asks.

In response I took the Orb out of my pocket and held it up.

"Wow. Wait... what happened to your hair?!" James exclaims.

"What do you mean?" I ask, pulling a piece of hair in front of my face. I gasp. My hair was now completely white. "Bloody hell!"

"Nova language!" Sirius exclaims.