Chapter 29

"Nova!" Astra called out to the large black wolf some fifteen meters away. It was no use. The two shifters in front of the witches and wizards were already locked in battle. Growling and biting and clawing.

"Stupefy!" They heard Remus shout as he cast the spell.

The spell missed it's mark on the calico wolf and went ricocheting into the trees.

Nova took a second to growl at Remus then went for Jericho's scruff as he went for her legs.

Nova succeeded in grabbing Jericho's scruff then sent Jericho flying into a clump of trees.

Jericho whimpered as he hit the trees as they cracked and splintered.  

He shifted back in the pile of shattered trees, yet he still had that same look of defiance and madness in his electric blue eyes.

Nova decided to shift back so she could speak.

"Jericho Oceana. I, Nova Astros, hereby sentence you as the last Alpha of the Astros tribe... to mind your own damn business."

"What? You can't do that! You're not an Alpha. Only an Alpha can and women can't become Alphas it is simply impossible!" He yelled with amusement.

"Not impossible. Even though there are few... there are women who are Alphas. They are rare and demand respect. If you were educated, you'd know this. And if you were intelligent, you'd know that I was the Astros Alpha's first born and only child. By default, the right to be Alpha rightfully passes down to me. Back to business. Your crimes include conspiring with your tribe to kill Luna Ares and you also conspired with dark wizards and murdered the Astros tribe for a relic that you could not hope to obtain, let alone be able to use." Nova stalks towards him with a purpose.

"How dare you! I am your elder and Alpha of the Oceana tribe!" Jericho exclaims.

"I am giving you your one and only chance to leave this place alive. Be grateful."

"And I am the Alpha of the Astros tribe. The Astros are the rulers of all shifters, but I am different. My father was a member of the Astros tribe, yes. But my heritage is more than you could ever hope to know." Nova reaches him and takes his chin into her grip. Now she's looking right into his eyes.

Jericho seems to see something in her eyes and his cocky face turns into one of horror. 

"No! No, no, no, no, no! There is simply no way that you are still alive! You can't be!"

Nova stands up straight again. "Any final words?"

Sirius covers Astra's eyes and looks away. James grabs Remus' shoulders and turns him around. None of them want to see what is about happen.

This man caused Nova so much heartbreak. This is part of her revenge. It wouldn't be fair of them to stop her.

"Not for you, bi-"

They hear a sickening sound and a quiet thump.

"Sirius doesn't like that language." She mutters softly before turning to us. "Don't worry, he's not dead. Just unconcious."

"Come here, Nova. Let me look at your wounds" Remus says lightly..

Nova just made a huffing noise and turned her head. She didn't want him to see her in this condition.

"Nova." Remus is ignored again.

Nova shakes her head and looks to the north.

"No way. No. We are not moving any more today. Especially with the condition you are in. Now, get over here so I can bandage the wounds. I know it takes at least a day to heal wounds from another shifter."

Nova's clothes are ripped and bloodied in places and she has large gashes on the side of her cheek and her thigh. She tries to take a step in the opposite direction and stumbles.

"Damn son of a-" She grunts angrily before being interrupted.

"Nova! Language!" Sirius scolds, but suddenly shrinks back. 

If looks could kill...

Nova starts walking again and everyone except Remus start to hesitantly follow the angry she-wolf.

"Nova. Get back here, sit down on that rock, and let me bandage up the wounds. Now." Remus growls.

"Why don't you make me?" Nova replies.

Remus doesn't hesitate as he marches right up to Nova, grabs her arm and drags her- with some difficulty because of the traction of the forest and Nova's resistance- back to the rock. 

He quickly assesses the damage Nova took and wraps her thigh and back in bandages. When he checks her left arm, he winces and grabs a needle and thread from his bag.

Nova moves away from him and grabs the roll of bandages. She starts wrapping her arm.

"No use wasting that on me when it'll heal by tomorrow." She mutters and hands him the bandages.

She grabs her spare traveling clothes from her bag and goes to change into them.

"She'll be fine. She's strong. She's Nova." Astra tells him as if reading his mind.

"I know. I'm just worried."