Chapter 7

"He what?" Jinyeong all but yelled. "Hoseok would never punch anyone!"

"Well apparently they had a fight about the step-brother bullying someone that was close to Hoseok, and since there is only one person, his mother called me to talk to you." Jin replied.

"Wait. Are you telling me Hoseok didn't even know Taehyung was bullying me?" Jinyeong asked.

Jin sighed and shook his head. "No. He didn't."

Jinyeong ran down to the garage and grabbed a set of key, deciding to take her Kia. She heard Jin calling but ignored him, knowing she had to get to Hoseok.

Jinyeong pulled out and made her way over to Hoseok's house, surprising herself that she remembered the way having only been there twice. Getting out of her car she pounded on the front door.

After a couple times, the door swung open to reveal a black-eyed Taehyung and a yippy little Pomeranian.

"Oh good. You're here. This is your fault you know." Taehyung said, pointing to his eye.

"You did that to yourself" Jinyeong replied, pushing past him and making her way downstairs to the basement where Hoseok set up his room.

Hoseok was laying on his bed with his headphones and laptop working on schoolwork when Jinyeong walked in.

"Hobi?" She asked quietly. He didn't move.

"Hoseok.... I'm sorry. I thought you knew." Jinyeong said.

Hosoek eventually turned around and looked at her with teary eyes. Jinyeong rushed over to him and engulfed him in a big hug.

"I'm sorry I'm so so so sorry I should have known and payed attention but I never did and I'm so sor-" Hoseok was rambling when Jinyeong put a finger on his lips.

"Hoseok you're my best friend and I should have just let you explain. Instead I tried to blame you because I was upset that you never told me that Taehyung was your step-brother." Jinyeong said.

"I'm sorry I never said anything. I just didn't want you to think I would become like him or that my being related to him had anything to do with the way I treated you." Hoseok replied.

Jinyeong just smiled and shook her head. "I would never. You're my Hobi and I love you, okay?"

Hoseok smiled and hugged Jinyeong tightly.

The two spent the night talking and catching up, telling each other everything and apologizing over and over. Hoseok explained how his mom and dad split and why his dad decided to marry Taehyung's mom, which was quite a story for Jinyeong. Once they realized how late it was, Jinyeong decided to head home, wishing Hoseok a good night's sleep and petting the tiny dog (who she learned was Taehyung's dog, Yeontan) goodbye.

When she got home, she made sure to tell her dads that she was fine, Hoseok was fine, and that she was going to bed. When she got to her room, she noticed that her phone was laying on her bed, lighting up with notifications.

She opened her phone and went to Instagram, opening her messages.

@jeonjk hey where are you? You haven't been online in forever

@jeonjk hello? Are you okay?

@jeonjk um, this is weird. You usually respond.

@jeonjk hey it's been two hours I'm really getting worried.

@jeonjk okay I'm about to call the cops this isn't like you what's going on

Jinyeong chuckled at Jungkook's antics and quickly replied

@pinkpastels I'm okay Jungkook don't worry

Jinyeong sent the message, failing to notice that she'd used his name.

@jeonjk okay thank goodness. I was really getting worried haha

@jeonjk wait. You know my name?

Jinyeong gulped.

@pinkpastels um, yeah. We do go to the same school after all.

@jeonjk oh. Yeah. Still don't know who you are though.

@pinkpastels why are you up so late anyways?

@jeonjk I should be asking you that don't you think?

@pinkpastels no I don't think so...... I had some problems with my friend so I was at his house for a while.

@jeonjk your parents let you stay at a guy's house for... well now its three hours.

@pinkpastels yeah.

@jeonjk even your mom?

@pinkpastels I don't have a mom haha

@jeonjk oh. I'm sorry....

Jinyeong smacked her forehead realizing that it sounded like her mother died.

@pinkpastels don't feel bad my mom didn't die... I think. I'm not sure to be honest.

@jeonjk what?

@pinkpastels I'm adopted, Jungkook.

@jeonjk oh. Then doesn't your adopted mom care? I don't mean to sound like a boyfriend or anything it's just a little odd.

@pinkpastels I don't have an adopted mom and no. Hoseok and I have been friends for forever.

Jinyeong slapped her hand on her mouth after sending that message, knowing that she was the only one Hoseok was close with. He had other friends, but everyone knew who came first.

@jeonjk no adopted mom? And Hoseok only has one best friend as far as I'm concerned, so...

@pinkpastels um, yeah haha. And no I don't have an adopted mom because I was adopted by two married males.

Jinyeong watched as it showed Jungkook was typing, realizing that Jungkook was a cool guy. He wasn't arrogant or dismissive or cruel one on one. She guessed it was just his mask so that he seemed like a "cool guy" at school.

Jinyeong saw that he had replied and dropped her phone.

@jeonjk Jinyeong? Wait are you Min Jinyeong?