[45] Civil War

Steve and everyone else on the team caught up with Wanda and Clint as they ran in front of them. The Quinjet not that far away from them. "Come on!" Steve yelled as they all ran toward the Quinjet. A fizzing stream of energy sliced across the runway, and the team came to a stop. Vision hovered overhead.

"Captain Rogers. I know you believe what you're doing is right. But for the collective good, you must surrender now," Vision announced. Tony's team arrived in front of them.

Spider-Man had found Jade inside the airport, a pillar on top of her due to Bucky. He helped her up, informing her what had just happened to him with a rush of excitement. When Tony said that Steve's team was heading for the Quinjet, Jade got Peter to relax and refocus.

Peter swung down with Jade in his arms as he landed in between Natasha and Rhodey, Vision slowly descending behind them. In front of Jade were familiar faces. For the past months that she had been with them, she had grown close to each person in a different way. But what they were about to head into was something a lot more serious than a little bickering argument; this was going to tear them apart.

Wanda turned her head to look over at Jade, who stood in between Peter and Natasha. Jade flickered her amber eyes on Wanda and sighed, blinking away, her heart sank. She never wanted to go against her, not like this.

Both teams strode towards each other with grim determination etched on their faces. "This isn't going to end well," Natasha mumbled.

Team Cap started to run towards Team Iron Man. Peter's eyes on his masked, widened. "Uh, they're not stopping."

"Neither are we," Tony said, causing his teammates to soon break into a sprint as well.

Jade was about to head towards Clint, but red energy collided into her abdomen. She grunted as she fell back, her gaze fixated on an approaching Wanda. She flipped back up as electric blue energy spheres formed in the palm of her hands.

The two girls went back and forth between throwing their energy abilities at one another to creating shields in defense. Jade twirled in the air, dodging Wanda's blast before swinging her electric whip at the brunette. Wanda gasped in surprise as the end wrapped firmly around her wrist, jerking her face down onto the ground.

Wanda stood up and frowned, curiously at Jade. "You're still my best friend, right?"

"As long as you're still mine."

"This is going to hurt, but I need you to stop," Wanda said before trapping Jade inside a ball of her psionic energy.

The energy that was circulating Jade caused her to struggle, just a little. She looked out, her eyes locking with Wanda's as she noticed her eyes were red. She realised that the Sokovian was blocking her brainwaves from her bionic chip. Wanda was manipulating her, weakening her.

Jade kneeled onto the ground, trying to form her bo staff in her hand, but only sparks appeared before they faded away. Her head was pounding, an aching pain building up. She clutched the side of her head, her eyes flashing between a computerised purple and the natural amber.

"Ms. Stark, shall I launch you on out of here?" The male computerised voice of HUEY offered.

Jade glanced at the red energy that surrounded her. Either she'd be fortunate and pass through in a millisecond, tackle Wanda down, or her body would bounce back into this sphere. She clenched her jaw, slowly rising back onto her feet.