[32] New Friends

Vanessa suggested going to Highland Beach, and Tony didn't hesitate to say "yes". Jade, however, did, but when she saw how both Tony and Vanessa wanted her to have a feel like a real teen and spend time with her before they would leave in a week, she agreed on going with them.

Jade laid on her back against her colourful beach towel, and shades held up on the bridge of her nose as she enjoyed feeling the sun on her skin. She tried to drown out the screaming bystanders nearby as they tossed a football around or played in the waves. She focused more on the sound of the calm waves crashing on the shore. Or the seagulls soaring overhead.

She enjoyed just sitting on the beach, having a peaceful set of mind. It was something she wasn't used to, and she loved it. The first time that she could remember being near or on a beach was when she and the Winter Soldier had to invade a yacht and crash the party that was on the boat. The result was an explosion and the HYDRA soldiers diving off the yacht with no witnesses.

"Hey, Kitkat?" The Sokovian girl asked as she gazed down at her girlfriend. She sat on her bum right beside Jade in the sand.

Jade hummed in response, turning her head to look at her.

Wanda held up a tub of sunscreen, slowly shaking it for emphasis. "Can you put sunscreen on my back?"

Jade sat up, grabbing the tub from Wanda's hand. "Of course." She popped the cap open, squirting the right amount of sunscreen in her left palm. She rubbed her hands together before making skin contact with Wanda. Wanda tensed, closing her eyes at the touch. She bit her lip from moaning. Jade noticed how tensed Wanda was and quickly finished up as she evenly coated Wanda's back in the sunscreen.

"You didn't have to stop that quickly," Wanda said, glancing at Jade for a split second before putting the sunscreen back into the beach bag.

"Well, you instantly felt tensed," Jade whispered with a shrug.

"Yeah, because your touch feels great." Wanda scooted closer to Jade with a smirk. "Like really great."

Jade playfully scoffed, pushing Wanda away. "Yeah, right."

Wanda chuckled, her smirk still present. "I'm serious, Kitkat."

A volleyball accidentally rolled up by Jade's legs, followed by two teen boys running up to get the ball. Jade picked up the volleyball, tossing at the first guy with the sandy-coloured hair and bright blue eyes. He was wearing a white muscle tank top and red swimming trunks. He flashed her a smile as his friend looked over at Wanda. "You girls want to join our game of beach volleyball?" He jerked his thumb over in the general direction. "We could use two extra people."

Jade looked over in the direction seeing two other boys and two girls on the other side of the net. She shifted her eyes back at Wanda, and both girls shrugged. "Sure."

The boy staring at Wanda immediately created a smile on his olive-skinned face. He was shirtless and wasn't as toned as his friend. He wore black swimming trunks with fire flames at the end of the leg holes. "Awesome!" He pushed back his long dark bangs from his fiery brown eyes. He held out a hand to help Wanda up. "I'm Silas, by the way."

"Wanda."

Jade started to push herself off of the sand, but a large, strong hand extended out. Jade's amber eyes shifted up the arm before they landed on bright blue eyes that were already gazing at her with softness. Jade gripped the blue-eyed boy's hand, and the slightly taller boy helped her up. "Thank you."