Chapter V

Chapter Five: Hatake-san

~Rizuka's P.o.V~

"Why do you say that?" Oji-san asks me. "Because I can't see his colors. He's grey." I say. "What do you mean 'colors'?" He squints his eyes. "Colors, red, blue, green, purple, pink. I can't see his. He's only grey, black, and white like everything else. You have colors Oji-san. Itachi-san has colors. Mom and Dad had colors." I explain to him what 'colors' mean. "So he scares you because he doesn't have colors." Oji-san asks to confirm.

"Yes." I nod, and he calls in a group of people. The white haired man is back, his cool colors in tow. "From the door all the way down, name off their hair and eye color." Oji-san orders, probably as a test. "Grey and Black, Grey and White, White and Black, Black and Grey, Grey and Grey, White and Black, White and Grey." I answer him. "If she guessed one of them right, take a step forward, if she got both, take two steps." He says.

There's only one person who takes two steps, meaning I got both right, and it's because his cool colors show. "Is he colorful?" Oji-san asks me. "Yes, I saw them yesterday." I approach the taller man. "Oh?" Oji-san hums and dismisses the others. He explains things to the white haired man and then we leave. I see my past owner walk up to us with a bag.

"This is her stuff." He hands it to Owner then looks at me. "Really, you saw right through me huh. What a nuisance." He sighs. "I wouldn't have been able to if your colors shown. They didn't, so I didn't trust you. What you said and did was fake, you weren't being you. You're empty, and that's how colors work. You don't show them if you don't have a reason to." I tug on Owner's pant leg as a sign of wanting to leave. "You talk more when colors are around, do they give you confidence? Aren't you just as empty?" His monotone voice and blank stare pierce through me.

"I never said I was colorful. I've never seen my own colors, so what does that tell you? I admit I talk more when colors are around, but that's because the only colorfuls in my life before were my mom and dad. If we are the same grey ones, then we shouldn't trust each other, you can trust your leader, and I'll trust my colors." I say coldly and walk off with Owner. "So you aren't colorful?" Owner asks as we walk.

"No, mom and dad always told me my colors, but I've never seen them myself. I don't really understand how they work, but I know that if you're colorful, I can believe you. I think I'm not colorful because I don't see the world's colors like everyone else. It's all grey, everything. That shop is grey, the sky is grey, the people are grey, but you... Your colors shine. The blue that you wear, the plastic bag you're holding, the black and silver weapons in your beige pockets. You have colors, but I don't." I tell him about my thoughts.

"Hmm, is that how you saw me yesterday?" He asks. "Yes, I was watching the grey people walking along the streets all day, I saw the colors of you on that building. You took off though." I mumble the last part. "All day?" He points out. "Yes until nightfall when he returned." I hum. He unlocks the door and lets me into the room with him. "Was it fun?" He sets the bag on the ground. "Not really, I got bored, but he told me to wait until he returned. So I did." I copy his actions and take off my shoes.

"Did he force you?" Owner sits in his chair. "I don't think so? He told me to stay where I was, so I did? He got back reall late and fed me cup ramen, he also gave me a bath and let me sleep in the bed with him. I really appreciated his kind actions." I stand in front of him. Owner stays silent for a while, and I tilt my head. "What should I do?" I ask him. "Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait." He holds his face with his hand.

"He got home late, he fed you instant ramen, he gave you a bath, slept in the bed with you, and you call it kind?" He says, sounding exhausted with each word despite sitting still. "Yes? You stay awake as late as you can and sleep during the morning, you should only eat when you're starving, you should take advantage of bath opportunities, and the bed he had was really comfortable and warm. His actions are weird right? He gave me food when we weren't starving, he gave me brand new chopsticks, he washed me with soap and warm water and dried me with a towel, he put a dress on me that was brand new, and he even let me sleep in his fluffy and bouncy bed. Crazy right?" I tell him.

"No, no, no, what's crazy here is your mindset. What he did wasn't normal." Owner bangs his head on the table. "Listen, if you get hungry, tell me, and eat three meals a day. Make sure you take a bath by yourself within three days and change your clothes on your own. I guess sharing a bed is fine at your age, but if you don't like it, speak up." He tells me. "I don't understand." I tilt my head. Owner pulls out a scroll and writes in it. He takes the scroll and hangs it slightly above my head.

"These are the rules you must follow for now." He sits back down on his chair. "What do I call you then?" I ask him. "I'm Kakashi Hatake." He introduces himself to me. "Then Hatake-san, I'm Rizuka Kyoyin." I return the greeting.

-Love Kimi