Chapter XII

Chapter 12: C-Rank Mission?

Rizuka's P.o.V

"Sasuke here at point B." "Sakura here at point C." "Rizuka here at point D..." Our group says. "Naruto here. I'm at point A." "You're slow, Naruto!" Otou-san tells him. "Okay Squad Seven... Ah, the target has moved!" He warns us. "Follow it!" He orders, and we move in the shadows. I lazy lean against the tree and sit on the ground.

'We've got this one...' I listen to the others talk. "I can too." I say slowly, not really wanting to capture the target myself. "I got it!" Naruto cheers. I walk out and lay on the ground next to them. "Ugh~" I groan, wanting to be done with these missions. I flinch when Naruto screams in the headset. I swiftly send a punch to his head as a means to shut him up.

We bring the cat back to the Hokage's office. I watch in horror as the woman mauls her cat. Oji-san tells us our next mission, but Naruto refuses. Iruka yells at Naruto, and Otou-san hits the top of his head. Oji-san then lectures Naruto on the importance of missions and how they're ranked. I sigh and stand with them quietly. Oji-san finally agrees and asks for the person to enter the room.

"What's this? It's just a bunch of damned youngsters!" The man complains. "What's this? Is just a lazy, drunk old man!" I quickly retort at his rude behavior. "What'd you say?!" He growls at. "Wanna go?" I glare at him. "Rizuka don't go starting fights." Otou-san grabs the back of my shirt. The drunkard takes a few gulps of his alcohol and leans against the doorway, looking at the other three.

"Particularly you, the smallest one with the idiot face. Are you honestly a ninja?" He asks them. "Can I kill h-" "You cannot." "But I want t-" "But you may not." I give up and cross my arms, watching Naruto now yells at him while Otou-san holds him back. The drunkard then explains some things to us. "Why don't you just build a bridge to your home oh veteran bridge builder." I grumble outloud.

Otou-san forces me to go with them on the mission. I reluctantly walk behind the group and watch my surroundings. 'Tch, are they enemies?' I study the chakras that are stalking us. "Otuh- Kakashi-sensei." I wave for my father to get closer to me. "What is it?" He asks me. "People are stalking us, one... no two, we haven't even gotten a move on yet." I whisper in his ear. "I see... Well keep tabs on them, this will serve as a good lesson for them." He tells me. I nod, and we start to walk down the pathway.

I don't pay too much attention to the conversations the others hold while I keep track of where the two people are, they haven't moved in a bit. I stop moving when I feel a cold liquid on my feet. "Water...?" I look down at the bluish substance. 'A water puddle at this time? It hasn't rained in a while though...' I think to myself, my concentration breaking when I stepped in the puddle. I catch up to the group and find the chakras again, realizing they were in the puddle.

I quickly flip around and get into a battle stance, Otou-san already figured them out, even before me. They've already launched an attack against Otou-san. I look away from my father when the chains wrap around him. They appear behind Naruto after Otou-san teleports away to hide and watch how we defend ourselves. Sasuke immediately takes action when they run at Naruto.

They release their chains and go in opposite directions. I pull out a kunai and protect Tazuna, actually wanting to protect Naruto. I close my eyes and activate my Kekkei Genkai to slow the movements of the one going after Naruto. I do the best as I can while focusing on the one charging at us. "This sucks." I laugh and lean against Sasuke. "Did you get injured?" He asks me with a skeptical look on his face. "No... I'm fine, just a little tired." I push myself away from him and focus on balancing.

Sasuke then teases Naruto, and Naruto yells his name. Otou-san gets onto Naruto and warns him that poison was on the weapons they used. "What?!" I run to Naruto's side. I think back on different types of poisons and antidotes for them. 'Would Medical Ninjutsu work? Even if it did, I don't have much chakra right now... What do I do?' I start to listen to the conversation.