25

There was a polite knock on the door as they were getting ready the next morning. The sky was turning soft blue by five, clouds starting to puff up.

"Seunmi?"

The girl stood in the doorway, dressed neatly in a yellow blouse with flowers lining the collar and white denim shorts.

"Yea... I heard what happened to Sakura. I got permission to replace Jiwoo. My group does okay without me anyway," Seunmi said good-naturedly, rubbing her nape and smiling shyly.

"Aw," Jiwoo said, frowning slightly. "Fine, but don't let her move around too much!"

"Hey, I'm not a bad person. Can I come in?"

"Oh," Jiwoo said, looking down, "yea, sure."

Daeman was towel-drying his hair. He smiled a snaggletoothed grin at Seunmi and waved at her with one hand.

"Good morning," Sakura hummed sleepily, blanket still covering her body from her middle.

"Hi, morning." Seunmi sat on one of the stools and put her elbows on the table.

Daeman slipped a breathable cotton tee over his head. Behind him, Miyun had her arms raised putting her hair into a neat bun.

After fifteen minutes, Hyewon hugged Sakura bye and the group left.

Leaving Sakura with Seunmi.

...

Sakura woke up at twelve. She stretched her arms out and twisted from side to side, joints popping.

Seunmi moved and lifted her head from her arms. She was hunched over, previously asleep on the coffee table.

"Oh, hi, you're awake," she said tiredly with a smile. "I thought you were going to sleep until they got back!"

Sakura's hand twitched for her phone. Although she knew they'd be at school and Eunbi was at work, she still decided to leave a message.

...

Kkurachan: good morning

Kkurachan: or afternoon wtv

Kkurachan: updates on my cut

Kwangbae: her cut's fine

...

Sakura raised an eyebrow.

...

Kkurachan: where are you

Kwangbae: we're walking uphill and i am TIRED

...

She felt the corners of her lips turn up in a smile.

"So... Sakura," Seunmi started. "Hyewon said something about not letting anyone get near you? Why's that?"

Sakura didn't answer; she typed in a message.

...

Kkurachan: seunmi's asking about whatever you said

Kwangbae: oh. yea i said dont let anyone get close to you

Kwangbae: and i guess she's nice enough u can tell her

Kkurachan: whatever you say kwangbae

...

"I'm a monster hunter's target," she deadpanned. "Bad people want my head and they'll sell me to a laboratory I guess."

Seunmi kept mum and blinked. "Wh- okay, that's strange."

Silence started building tension for two good seconds before Seunmi asked, "Are you hungry?"