31

"I'm beside a convenience store two right turns from the cab office," Hyewon mutters. "Hurry up."

Click.

...

"Time's up. I'm really sorry. You should've been more careful, Choi Yena. Then I wouldn't need to have blood on my hands right now. I feel," their captor grits her teeth and grunts as she tugs on two ends of a knot to tighten it, "so bad  Sakura didn't make it on time. I hate killing humans."

She sighs and steps back to admire her handiwork. All remaining seven, (Nako in the water tank and Yuri limp on the ground) strung up by their necks and ready to hang.

"I really don't want to do this. You're innocents."

Yujin's standing on her tiptoes, tottering about in a futile attempt not to tip the tiny stool over. "If we're innocent, let us go."

"Can't. Then Sakura would have somewhere to go," the girl whines. "Before everyone here disappears from the world, I just want you to know it wasn't your fault."

"It was yours," Hitomi spits like she has nothing to lose. A fleck lands on the girl's hand.

Before she knows it, her head is snapped to the other side a split second before a sharp crack and yelp bounces off the stone walls. Yujin bites back a choked cry; Yena's screaming out for Nako to tread water; Chaewon wheezes for breath like an asthmatic, whimpering for Eunbi who doesn't - can't - reply.

Wonyoung lets her head hang so no one sees her like this before death. Yuri's limp body is right in front of her, close enough to tap her with her foot, but she can't risk slipping and hanging herself.

A warm tear drips off her nose and lands in front of Yuri's thumb. Wonyoung catches her index finger twitching.

...

"This... is so uncomfortable, gosh," Hyewon growls lowly, shifting in microscopic movements so she doesn't make too much noise against the metal of the dumpster.

"Car... where'd you park?" Sakura winces, desperately trying to tug her wrist out of a crevice between Hyewon's hip and the metal wall. Hyewon whispers, "Doesn't matter, won't find us," and falls silent again, one hand working quickly to alert Sungmin of their location.

Suddenly, Hyewon presses one finger to Sakura's lips, holding it firmly there as she slides the green icon to the left to pick up Sungmin's call.

"Dumpster behind the KBBQ," she groans. "Hurry up and get us out. I jumped in with Kkura in a hurry."

There's a chuckle on the other end before Sungmin goes, "Ah- haha, fine. Wait for me."

"This isn't a joke. Be quick-"

"I know, Hyewon. I love my sister just as much as anyone else does."

Approximately five seconds later, an urgent, throaty 'Let's go,' accompanied by an open palm smacks against the metal, CLANG residing in the very deepest corners of Sakura's sensitive ears. Hyewon nearly loses her head popping out and smacking the lid with her forehead.

A young man dressed in a SEOUL88 tank top and black jeans bites his nails waiting for them in a pick-up truck as Sakura clumsily stumbles out after Hyewon.

Sakura doesn't even have time to settle in the backseat, immediately crashing against the door she barely managed to shut, before Sungmin slams his foot down on the pedal and accelerates straight into a completely different road, winding past cars and serving corners, dodging a stray cat and a small child-

-going down the same route he did years ago. This time, to rescue his sister.

.
.
.

i'm sorry for the lack of updates i really am the next chapter is almost 2000 words