34

i recommend a lil playlist while reading this one my dudes go make it

still beautiful - b.i.
apology - iKON

lezgo

...

The barn doors slamming open, the squeak of wellingtons being tugged off and footsteps plodding in on the hardwood floor is what she hears first, followed by the most cheerful, "Jjaeyon, I'm back!" Then, smaller, faster pit-pats of Sakura running barefoot towards the kitchen.

Chaeyeon finishes washing the beansprouts, shakes the sieve a little to get rid of excess water on the bottom, then transfers onto the plate with cubed tofu.

She doesn't even have to turn around to know what's coming. Anytime now, maybe a quick peck on her nape would come, or Sakura's arms flinging around her waist in a backhug-

She yelps out of surprise when a spurt of cold water hits her in the back of her thigh, wetting the hem of her shorts. "Hey!" she says, whipping around.

There's no one there. Raising an eyebrow, she walks one tile past the counter so she can see outside.

Chaeyeon cranes her neck to see Yuri's still in the front doorway arranging everyone's shoes, but that's way too far away from the kitchen to have shot anyone with a water gun. Yuri notices her friend peeking out of the kitchen doorway and tilts her head sideways innocently.

Chaeyeon clicks her tongue and chuckles softly, turning back. Then she yelps again when she comes face to face with Nako- wait, Nako?

Beneath her is Sakura, holding a lime green water pistol. The taller Japanese grins cheekily as she aims upwards and presses the trigger again, shooting Chaeyeon in the chin.

She giggles loudly as she stomps past Chaeyeon, taking the opportunity to pinch her softly under her shorts before taking off velociraptor style, hunched over and Nako bobbing and giggling on her back. In the distance, she sees Nako high-five Yena before they run out of the barn again to meet Hyewon and Hitomi, barefoot.

"MIYAWAKI SAKURA!" Chaeyeon yells after her. She turns around afterwards though, just wanting to finish cooking tonight's dinner. The gleam of glass reflecting sunlight pouring in through the window catches her eye.

She grabs a measuring cup from the drying rack, fills it with tap water, and walks out of the kitchen.

She covers her plate of raw ingredients with a food cover before chasing after Sakura with the cup. Just then, Chaewon tumbles out from behind a crate in the corner of the barn, panting, hair and clothes damp and water droplets rolling off her face.

There's a water gun clutched to her chest, half filled and sloshing around inside the plastic. Her shirt is damp as well, some parts wetter than the others.

They make eye contact for just a second, Chaewon's gaze saying "don't do what I think you're gonna do" and the glint in Chaeyeon's replying "oh, I'm gonna do what you think I'm gonna do".

She shrieks playfully and sloshes some of her water at Chaewon's face, running away as soon as she does it. The younger girl ducks and barely misses it, the splash hitting her side instead.

"YOU- YOU GREMLIN! COME BACK HERE!" Chaewon says.

Without staying around to see what Chaewon might do as revenge with her very loaded gun, Chaeyeon slips into her boots and searches for Sakura, laughing heartily.

...

"Nyong, you remember that time we played with the water guns, right? It was a really long time after Kkura came. And Nako was on her back and chasing us, because she's too-" Yujin pauses and swallows the lump in her throat.