Chapter One: Alicia's POV

Wednesday: Day 1

"Sometimes you just need to take life as it is and not ask for anything more."

                      -Anonymous

My head rested on my hand as I stared out the window and the teacher lectured the class about how everyone should be putting their all into the homework they are assigned because it'll be our future.

Bullshit.

The last thing I want to focus on is homework. It's so boring, boring, boring, boring, boring, boring, boring, boring, boring, boring, boring, boring, boring, so utterly boring.

"Alicia, is there something interesting outside that you'd like to share with the class?" Mr. Dennis asked.

If there was something I wanted to share then I would've done it already. What a bitch, school really bites.

"No, Mr. Dennis. I just couldn't bother looking at your face anymore. It's just so unattractive," I replied, not bothering to look at him.

I could just imagine his face right now anyways. Scrunched up, his teeth bared, left eye twitching, he's angry, he's pissed off, I dissed him right in front of the whole class.

Mr. Dennis cleared his throat, " Ms. O'Leary, I believe I should send you down to the guidance counselor."

I put my hands on the desk, stood up, pushed my chair out, and grabbed my bag.

I gave him a smile, "my pleasure, Mr. Dennis."

It irked him that I wasn't mad or annoyed. It pissed him off even more that I walked out of his classroom with a smile on my face like everything had gone the way I wanted it to.

Actually, nothing went the way I wanted it to, damn my Dad is going to be pissed if they decide to be nosy and call him to tell him I wasn't paying attention to the lecture that is giving every. Single. Day.

I laughed at the thought of it. At least it would be some excitement. Maybe I'd be grounded? Though I haven't been grounded in a couple years and plus what is there to ground me from? Oh damn... my laptop. Shit, shit, shit, shit.

I started running to the guidance counselor. Maybe if I got there before Mr. Dennis called down then I'd be able to explain my half of the story and how stupid it was to send me down there.

Finally after a minute or so I got to the counselor, "Mrs. Gwen, I can explain," I gasped for air.

Running wasn't my thing. There is no way. Plus, the school was big, too big.

"No need to, Alicia, I get it," Mrs. Gwen laughed.

Phew, luckily it was Mrs. Gwen here instead of Mrs. Ronell. She was a real bitch. Didn't matter the reason you were kicked out of class, bam, after school detention. But Mrs. Gwen actually liked the kids more than the teachers. She was like our angel sent from heaven.. though that's an odd way of putting it.

I leaned against the side of the doorway and let out a big sigh of relief.

"Thanks, Mrs. Gwen. Thanks a lot," I said to her.

She chuckled, "no problem. Oh, I saw Abby this morning, how's she doing?"

"Fine I think. One of her Guinea Pigs died a couple days ago though," I replied as I sat down in the chair across from her.

"Aw, poor piggy," Mrs. Gwen answered, her eyes starting to water.

Mrs. Gwen was kind of a coward, literally, a coward. I don't think she had the guts to punish a student. I mean, I'm not complaining when it comes to me.. but sometimes people go overboard.