2.2 | i like you, elias!

The lunch bell rings, signalling that the time that all students are anticipating for has arrived which is lunch. All the students who are  dozing  off in  Mathematics class, suddenly have been awakened as their eyes pop out wide open.

"Alright, class." The Mathematics teacher, Mr Jing says as he claps his hands. "You may go for your recess but..." He pauses a bit longer for a more dramatic effect.

"But what? Sir, we really need to go to lunch now." One of the boys in the class, Jungho asks as he gathers his PE kit, wanting to play basketball in the court earlier.

"You must complete all of the exercises given to you. Mathematics textbook, page 165, Self Assess 6.1, Question 1-6."

Everyone quickly marks down the page and groans when they realise that they are not even small questions as they are problem solving questions instead.

" Sir! This is way too much! " One of the girls, Subin yells as she looks down at the textbook. Elias' eyes nearly bulge out off his skull as he sees the amount of questions he needed to do. There are at least 10 sub questions per one problem solving question. He groans as he passes a hand down his face.

"Today is Friday and you have Saturday and Sunday to do. It is not even that much. You can ask 3A about it. They did at least 10 questions per lesson. Is it that hard for all of you to complete?" Mr Jing states, as he smiles at his students.

"Fine." Subin huffs as everyone closes the textbook.

"Now, you may dismiss." the teacher says as he gathers his belongings before leaving the class.

"Thank you, sir." The class quickly thanks the teacher before running to the cafeteria or to minicourt. Kang-Dae turns around and looks at Elias, waiting patiently for him to mark the questions.

"This is too hard!" Elias cries as he stares at the question blankly.

"Well, it is really easy if you do not think much about it." Kang-Dae shrugs as he picks up the books that he needs to put in locker. "We should go and put our books in locker now so we can meet up with Hanbin hyung and the rest of them at the canteen."

Since now that they are alone, it is a great opportunity for Kang-Dae to persuade Elias talk to Minji. During the entire lesson, Elias has been sulking and seems to be in a down mood. People who are not close to him would think that Elias is not mad, just plain stressed since the basketball competition is around the corner. However, only Kang- Dae could sense the mood Elias even though it is a little change. As they are at the same age, which is an advantage for Kang-Dae as he could be closer to Elias. As for Elias, Kang-Dae is not only just his best friend, he is also like his family and the person he could turn to when he is depressed.

In Kang-Dae's mind, he is thinking about ways to get Elias to talk to him about Minji. Minji is obviously concerned about him and yet, Elias continues to give her the silent treatment. Since Dixon confessed to Minji publicly, it might add another reason for Elias to be even more mad at her.

"Ermm... Elias?" Kang-Dae asks as he places his books in his locker.

"Hmm..." Elias only hums in reply as he stares blankly at the books.

"I... I think you should go and have a talk with Minji about the issues that both of you are facing right now. Yesterday, when I called her to find out the reason you were upset at Luhan hyung, I was pretty sure she is really, really concerned about you.  So what do you think? " Kang-Dae inquires, biting his lips nervously as he glances at his best friend who only stares at him with an emotionless expression.

Before Elias opens his lips and replies, a loud, girly shrill scream reaches both in the ears of the boys, causing them to groan as a headache start to form in their head. Elias sighs as he rubs the sides of his temples tiredly.

"ELIAS BABY!" One of the popular rich girls, Lee Jina shouts and clings onto Elias' arm. Kang-Dae slightly sighs and rolls his eyes at the pathetic girl. An uncomfortable expression etches onto Elias' face as he shrugs the girl's arms off of his.

"Oppa~ Why are you treating me like this? You always let me hold you~" The girl whines before burrowing her head into Elias' shoulders. "Is it because your friend is here~ If it is so, go away, you ugly pig, let me spend time with my oppa!"

"Me ugly? Are you sure that you are talking about yourself though? Well, too bad, I am not a mirror because only mirrors could reflect your ugliness." Kang-Dad says as he rolls his brown eyes at the girl sassily. The girl only huffs and starts to grab Elias' arms and swing around.

" OPPA! YOUR FWIEND IS BUWWYING MEHH! SAVE ME, OPPA! " Jina speaks in a baby voice as she starts to fake crying dramatically.

"Well, go away, Jina." Elias finally responds as he has enough of the girl clinging onto him every single day and claiming his as hers.

"I am not yours, or your property. Go back to your " lovers". I bet they will be jealous of me for being too close to you. "

Jina's lips quivers as tears brink around her eyes. She looks down and then looks back up at Elias with pure crystal tears streaming down her face.  Streaks of black mascara flow on her cheek just like how Taylor Swift is in her Blank Space music video.

"Why? Oppa, do you not love me anymore? I swear I will change everything and anything for you." Jina says as she frantically wipes her tears off of her face, ruining her make up even more.

"CAN'T YOU SHUT THE HELL  UP FOR ONE MOMENT?! I CAN NEVER HAVE PEACE WHEN YOUR EXISTENCE IS HERE! I HAVE A SWEET, BEAUTIFUL AND LOVING GIRLFRIEND WAITING FOR ME! IF YOU DON'T MIND, GO AWAY AND LEAVE ME AND MY FRIENDS ALONE! PLUS, YOU ARE BEING  DISRESPECTFUL TO MY FRIEND HERE! APOLOGISE TO HIM AND GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME! " The pent up anger explodes right out of Elias like a volcano, causing him to burst out.

"What do you mean by you have a girlfriend? I am the one who love you, Elias! SO I SHOULD BE YOUR GIRLFRIEND?! OH WAIT, ARE YOU LYING? TO SEE IF I CARE? PFT-BABY, I LOVE YOU MORE THAN YOU EVER THOUGHT!" Jina screams.

Just then, a sad Minji passes by and Elias' eyes immediately brighten at the sight of her.

" BABE! "Elias screams and starts to wave his hands frantically at her. A little smile finally breaks onto Minji's face but then...

It looks like Jina has other plans for them.

Without hesitating for a second, Jina pulls the collar of Elias ' uniform and kisses him forcefully into the mouth. Elias tries to release himself from Jina' s vice like grip and he groans internally as he could feel the sharp fingernails of Jina sinking into his delicate flesh of the neck, as she tries to deepen the kiss.

Minji's heart shatters and she runs away, pearls dropping down her eyes. She ignores the calls from her boyfriend as her heart breaks at the thought of how her beautiful love story with Elias has come to an end.