christmas special🎅: mistletoe

an: listen to the song above while reading!

A sigh heaves from Minji's lips as she places her laptop on her bedside table in the hotel. Then as she turns towards her window where snowflakes are slowly falling down and winter has arrived at Seoul.

Today is Christmas, the day where the lord's saviour, Jesus Christ was born. The day where every family member gathered and were spending their quality time together.

A frown replaces Minji's lips as she has realised that it is impossible. She and her parents are currently at Shanghai as her parents are busy handling some business matters. Meanwhile, she is left alone back in the comfort of a luxurious hotel to read, sleep, eat or binge eating K-dramas. All of her friends are back in Seoul, currently celebrating Christmas  and having fun with their family and relatives. What worries her the most is Elias, her beloved lover has not reply to any of her messages for rest of the day.

As she is getting bored, being cooped up in the hotel, Minji decides to stand up and take a walk at the area around the luxurious hotel she is staying. For the past few days, she has been cooped up alone in hotel, snuggling in her warmest blanket and drinking up the warmest cocoa that she had ordered from the hotel room service. Minji decides to change her bedraggled loose clothes into warmer and more comfy clothes before going out. 

Dark brown turtleneck sweater, warm and cozy big light brown fleece jacket, light blue boyfriend denim jeans, and a pair of white Adidas Superstar shoes, paired with simple dangling earrings and a watch. Before leaving her hotel room, Minji decides to text her parents as she stuffed her wallet, consisted of yuan, tissues and necessities in her little white leather sling bag. As she exits the hotel room, she stuffs her hotel card in her little bag and walked towards the elevator. 

Just then, her phone buzzes and it is from her mother.

Household CEO 👩‍🦱:
Sure, sweetie!
There's a shopping mall near d hotel that we r staying!
Have fun shopping, dear and yr dad and I may nt make it 4 Christmas dinner...

A sad sigh left Minji's lips as she reads her texts from her mother while going down. As she arrives at the elegant and luxurious hotel lobby, a lot of the workers are busy as more and more travellers are going in. Bellboys are pushing trolleys that are full with bags, rich people sitting on the expensive black velvet couch, sipping on their cups of hot chocolate, dressing in their finest winter wear and diamond and pearl necklaces dripping down their necks, ears and hands. Some are wearing the most expensive and beautiful jade. The people at the counter are busy as they are checking in and out of the guests. 

Choruses of "Merry Christmas", "Hello", "Goodbye" and "Welcome" has reached into Minji's ears as she walks through the busy lobby. Strings of foreign language fill her ears causing her to sigh and think about her lover, Elias King. 

"I bet Elias will love the lively environment here. He also promised me that he will bring me around China, which is his father's hometown when I visit here." Minji mumbles as she nods silently as a thanks at the bellboy who opens the door for her. 

Stepping into the cold, winter snow, Minji could not help but sighed as she saw happy families are walking, laughing and sharing their best moments together. She saw how beautiful the lights were decorated around the trees, increasing the festive season. Her heart stops for a minute at the beauty of the streets. Christmas has always been her favourite festive season as it is the most beautiful and festive season. And now, she is going to spend it all alone.

'I miss Elias. Why has he not replying my messages?' Minji thinks as she walks through the busy streets of people. 

Minji is so deep in her thoughts that she has not realised that she has bumped into a person.