2.6 | council room

"Ugh!" Yerin groans for thousandth times when she realises that her best friend has not responded nor replying to her messages for the day.

"Will you just calm down, sis? I swear your groans are going to be mistaken as a serial killer when he is butchering up the victims!" Hanbin complains as he glares at her.

"Well, that's because you don't know Minji well enough personally!" Those sharp words hit Hanbin hard as it leaves Yerin's lips.

"Okay, I get it! Don't you think I am not worried? Everyone is here because they are frigging worried about her! What makes you think that none of us care? Even if I don't know Minji well personally, I am still concerned because she is like my little sister!" Hanbin bursts as he slams his black pen harshly on his Psychology homework. 

The younger girl is stunned in silent as she never knew that these type of words, the sweet and caring words would come out from her annoying, crackhead of her older brother's lips. From the very first moment that she had been borned in the universe, she and Hanbin had sort of always treat each other as rivals for their parents' affection, often manipulating each other in order to get their parents' attention. 

"Alright. Alright. First of all, we should not even be arguing when right now, it is a serious moment. Secondly, we do not know where Minji went or precisely, headed. She might be in her house, eating a tub of ice cream while crying at rom-coms or walking around aimlessly in the busy streets of Seoul to get her mind off from things." Kang-Dae pinches his nose in frustration and lets out a stressful sigh. 

"He's right." Bon-Hwa speaks up as he looks at all of his friends with a pitiful and tired smile. "We should not even be arguing right now. Instead, we should work together and find a way to the solution, helping both Minji and Elias in the process." 

Everyone's eyes widen like saucers as they could not believe the words that just leaves the eldest one's lips whose personality is resembled as a maknae. As if in a trance, all of them nod their heads mutely in agreement. Just then, the door to the student council's room open and reveals their friends, Liz. She flashes them a smile, a smile that resembles too much pain and misery that she had spent hours in the council room,dealing with the matter.

"All of you can come into the council room now." Liz announces before walking into the council room. Everyone start to become nervous as the board of student councils sitting around, staring at them with wide eyes. 

"Please take a seat, everyone." Christopher, the school president says as he pinches the bridge of his nose, obviously tired of dealing with the school's discipline cases. 

As they scramble and take a seat, Christopher looks through his thick black folders before looking up at them and sighs. 

"Can you tell us what had happened at the school cafeteria in lunch? We will call for Jina to come in later and tell us her story." Christopher asks, clasping his hands tightly before leaning forward, looking at them. 

"I thought all of you have seen the video that is recorded by Liz?" Bon- Hwa questions, crossing his arms defiantly while raising an eyebrow at the school president. 

"Well, I certainly do not think that it is not only the story in the video. Everyone in the student council have came to a mutual agreement that there is something more and beyond the video. Now, let's start with Elias King and Jeon Kang-Dae. In the start of the video, both of you have dragged Lee Jina all the way to the school cafeteria. Then, both of you proceeded to push her down on the floor, demanding her to do something. Am I correct?" Li Hua, the secretary of the school council says as she looks at two younger boys whose expression are as blank as a sheet of paper. 

"Yes, you are correct." Kang-Dae looks dead into her eyes while answering in a monotone voice. The girls look surprised as they are not used to see Kang-Dae speaking in such a dull, mono manner while the boys are already used to it as Kang-Dae will only use that tone whenever he is stressed or speaking the truth. 

"Then, please do tell us about what had happened. I am supposed that this case is also related to another student of your grade, Kang Minji. Apparently, she has been trending in the school's news and social medias for one, rejecting Lee Dixon's confession and downright exposing his 'good deeds' which has helped the student council a lot and currently, he is suspended for three weeks. Secondly, this question is only for Elias. Is Kang Minji your girlfriend or is it a rumour? In the video, Jina had announced that you're dating Kang Minji to the school cafeteria." Seungmin, the vice treasurer of student council inquires while looking at Elias intently. 

"Yes, I am dating Minji. We are in a secret relationship for about two years now. We started to date because at first, we were arranged to marry each other by our ancestors years ago. Then, one thing leads to next, as cliche it may sounds, we have fallen for each other and our arranged marriage have to be kept as a secret as Minji's parents have not reveal their only heiress who is Minji to the media yet. However, they might be annoucing about it soon in the next company event." Elias replies, getting a little emotional about it as his mind is full of concern for his beloved. He keeps wondering about her whereabouts, if she's crying or maybe, walking around the city. 

"Oh, I see." Seungmin nods as he looks at both Kang-Dae and Elias before saying that: 

"Please tell us what had happened before the school cafeteria incident till the end. The rest of you, especially Yerin and Chaeyoung, we are going to interrogate you."