4

Clay stands beside me as I put the combination into my locker.

"I can't understand a thing of what that book is about. It's so bad." I open the door and a bunch of papers falls onto the ground.

I bend down to pick one up and stop when I see the words.

KILL YOURSELF SNITCH.

Clay's hands ball into fists and I just shove the papers into my empty bag and head to Porter's office.

I open the door and he looks shocked when it slams against the wall. I dump the contents onto his desk.

"Now tell me what you are going to do about this since we have to report stuff or else it's our own fault."

He doesn't even know what to say.

"Who do you think did this, Myla?" He leans forward and looks through the papers.

"We both know who did this. The same people who have been trying to keep me quiet." It takes this long for it to hit him.

"I will have a talk with the baseball team." I can't help but to laugh.

"Yeah I fucking bet." I slam the door shut behind me and walk to my next class. Everyone is staring at me when I sit down.

Courtney walks in and her eyes find mine. She looks away quickly.

I don't want to be here anymore. I wish I would have told Mom I wanted to transfer.

Today is Zach's turn in court. Marcus brought Bryce's name up in a total lie. He claimed my sister wanted to date Bryce which isn't true. He not only raped her but many others.

Including me. But that's a different story.

My whole body freezes when Alex walks in with a cane. We make eye contact and he sits a few seats in front of me.

I turn in my seat and look back at Clay who is wide eyed as well. He mouths something and I turn back around.

I can't pay attention during this class. The only thing I can think about is how everything is going to get so much worse.

The bells rings and I go around the room to leave, avoiding Alex. Clay is behind me.

"Myla, slow down." Clay says, running to catch up.

"I don't want to be here." I lean against the lockers and slide to the ground.

"Do you want to bail?" He asks. I shake my head and stand up, I pull my locker open and a picture falls out. I figure it's another thing telling me to kill myself but it's not.

It's a picture of a girl who is passed out. I turn it over and in blue marker on a piece of tape it says:

YOU WEREN'T THE ONLY ONE.

I nearly drop it and Clay takes it from me. "What does that mean?" He asks. I can feel the tears coming and I know they won't stop.

"I'm going to go cry. I'll tell you after." I go to walk towards the bathroom but Clay grabs my wrist and we walk I to the dark room.

"Cry it out but I'm not leaving you alone." I slide onto the floor and cry until I feel like I'm going to throw up. It's almost the end of the day so I'm trying to wait it out.

"What does that mean?" He asks, sitting next to me.

"There's this place called the Clubhouse that the jocks will invite girls to. When we first moved here I was stupid and I thought nothing would happen to me even thought I was with a bunch of guys and they were drinking." Clay's face drops.

I stand up and take a drink of water. Clay wraps his arms around me and gives me a hug.

"Let's get out of here. I'll drive." Clay holds my arm as we walk out. I get in the car and rest my head against the door.