14

Alex POV

I hear Myla's cry and instantly jump up, going down to the bathroom with Bryce and Zach behind me.

"Myla?! Myla?!" I pound on the door and when she doesn't answer I try to open it but it's locked.

"Do you have a key? If you don't I'll replace the door but im breaking it down." Bryce unlocks the door and I push it open to grab her. She's laying on the floor shaking with tears down her cheeks. I pick her up and just hold her for a few seconds.

By the time I bring her out to the couch, she has her nails dug into my shirt and is sobbing. I stroke her hair back as Zach goes to pull around his Audi. He honks the horn and I scoop her up in my arms and put her in the backseat, head rested on my lap.

Zach slams on the breaks and goes running into the hospital so that by the time we get in there they already have a stretcher ready for Myla. I lay her down and she's curled up into a ball as they take her away.

I dig my phone out and call Olivia. She answers on the seconds ring.

"Hey, Alex?"

"Hey, Mrs. B. Uh you need to get down to the hospital now. We just took Myla in. Don't freak out. They are putting her on heavy pain killers."

I can hear her yell for her husband Andy and shuffling through the house.

"Oh god okay. We'll be there soon. What the hell happened?"

"We were all studying and she said she didn't feel good. She went to the bathroom and we heard her fall. We went in and she was on the floor."

We eventually hang up and within ten minutes her and Andy are there. By this time, the doctors have come out and I step back, letting them talk to the doctor but Olivia waves me back over. I walk over, hands in my pockets.

"She's going to be fine. We aren't sure what caused it yet but we are going to run more tests to find out. We have her on some pretty strong pain killers so she's a little in and out but she's awake. After this last test we will release her." He takes us down tot her room and I see her laying on the bed, sweat still on her face and her hair stuck to her face.

I go over and kiss her forehead, grabbing a paper towel and wiping the sweat from her face. She smiles and grabs my arm holding onto it for a second where I lean down and kiss her lips.

Soon enough they come in and disconnect all the machines saying that the episode was just from stress and where she was sick before. She holds onto my arm as we walk out to the car with her.

"Alex, I can call your dad but do you want to stay over tonight? We could use some help." Olivia says. I nod and Myla gets in and sits in the back with me. She lays her head down on my lap and I stroke her hair back as Andy puts the car in drive

She looks up at me and I play with one of her curls. She is still in pain a bit I can tell but she's trying to ignore it.

We pull up to the house and I get out while we are walking up to the house and pick her up. Olivia laughs and unlocks the door. She eases off onto the couch and I sit down next to her.

"Your dad will be back soon with the meds. He ran down to the store to grab them." Olivia tells Myla handing a glass of water to her. She drinks some then puts it on the table. I look down into her blue eyes.

She sits up and I brush some of her hair back as she rests her head on my shoulder. I smile and kiss the top of her head.

"I want to listen to the tapes." She whispers. I give a nod. "Mom we're going upstairs to study some more." Olivia gives a nod and we go upstairs.