6

I lay beside Justin on the couch in Clay's room. Clay is asleep and we've pulled the couch out so there's room for both of us.

"Are you going to leave again?" I ask quietly.

"No. I'm not going anywhere. I'm staying right here with you." He says. I feel him hug me and kiss the top of my head. "You're my best friend, Myla. I'm not going to let him get by with what he did to Hannah, to Jess or even to you." I roll over and look at him.

"You know?" I ask. He nods.

"I have for a while. I figured it out on my own really." He says. I move closer to him and he holds me as I cry silently. "I won't let him hurt you ever again, Myla."

-----

When I wake up and Justin isn't beside me I freak out for a second. Clay and him are both gone.

I grab my phone and look through my messages. There's a message form Clay and an unknown number.

Clay: We went to get breakfast. Be back soon.

Me: Alright

Unknown: You look just like your sister when you sleep.

There's a picture attached of me next to Justin.

Me: Who the fuck is this?

Unknown: You'll see. Come to the pier and you'll see. 5 tonight.

I look at my phone. It's already almost 3. Clay walks in the door and looks at me.

"What's wrong?" He asks. I shake my head.

"Nothing. I have to go. I'll see you guys later." I tell them, shoving pass them out the door.

My ankle still hurts but it's not as bad. I can still run.

Mom isn't home thankfully so I can grab the gun without her knowing.

I make sure the safety is on and shove it in my bag, going out to my car. It's dark by the time I get there and it makes me nervous.

I put the gun in my pants and make sure my shirt covers it.

I see someone there and I get out of my car. The person stands there, not moving.

"What do you want from me?" I ask. I try to keep my voice from cracking.

They don't speak, just walk towards me. I reach for the gun and aim it at them. They don't stop but I hear a laugh.

My hands shake as I try to take it off safety. He grabs my wrist and throws the gun down.

I run for it but he's faster. Theres a burning pain in my leg and I start screaming. Everything goes black.

-------

"Myla! Somebody call 911!" It's Justin's voice. I open my eyes and start gasping and coughing.

Justin has taken off his jacket and has tied it around my leg. "Stay still. Don't move. Clay got him." He says, pressing down on my leg. I scream when he does a little too hard. Justin let's up and just holds my head up.

I see the flashing lights and everything starts to become a blur. Justin shakes me. "Don't you dare go to sleep, Myla. You stay the fuck awake." I'm crying even more now.

Everything hurts.

It hurts more than anything I've ever felt before.

Everything is a blur until I wake up in the hospital room.

------

I can make out the outline of two people next to my bed when I wake up. They're talking but I can't hear. My ears are ringing.

"Myla, you're safe. It's Clay and Justin." I see Justin leave probably to go get a nurse.

"Did they get him?" I ask. Clay nods his head.

"He's in jail. He won't hurt you again." I see the nurse come in and I don't even bother trying to move. I know if i do it's going to hurt a lot.

Clay holds onto my hand as they check my wound and I bite my lip so hard it starts to bleed.

"Where's mom?" I ask them.

"She went down to get us some food. She'll be back soon. They said you should be able to go home in a week or so." He says.

I lay my head back down on the pillow.