8

I wake up to my phone ringing. A call from Justin.

"Hello?" I ask.

"They released the tapes." My heart stops beating for a second. I know it does.

"What's everyone saying?" I ask, sitting up.

"They're calling Bryce a rapist." He says.

"Good. That's what he is." I say. I try to put my legs over the bed.

"I know. And he is. I'm coming over after this period to go to court with you." He says. We hang up soon after and I get up, putting all the weight on my good leg and getting ready.

Today is where we hear the verdict of the case with the school. Jess and I gave our statements about Bryce.

Mom knocks on my door and I turn to look at her. "You ready?" She asks. I nod, standing up and limping towards her. I can walk a bit without the crutches but I still have to take it easy.

We go out to the car and mom closes my door. The car ride is quiet and I sit there on my phone.

The press is already there. Mom gets out of the car and Clay comes over to us when he sees us. He helps me out of the car and we walk inside. It's packed.

I sit down and Clay sits behind us. Everything's starts soon after and Justin sits next to Clay, hand on my shoulder.

The jury comes in and my heart stops as the girl stands up.

"The Jury has found the defendant unresponsible in the case." My heart drops and I don't think I can walk.

We sit there until it's time to leave. Justin has to help me up and he holds me against his side. Mom is walking with Janet as we go outside she's stopped by the Press.

"Bryce Walker," I turn around to see a few cops with their cuffs out. "You're under arrest for sexual assault." I look over at Jess and her face is shocked.

Another cops comes over and yanks Justin. He makes sure someone has hold of me before he lets go. Clay grabs me.

"Justin Foley, you're under arrest as accessory to felony sexual assault." I start crying trying to run after Justin but he keeps yelling no.

"Myla, stop before you hurt your leg." Justin says fighting the cop a bit. I see Alex's dad and give him a look hoping he'll stop this. He waves at the officers and they stop and let me hug him.

"Don't worry about me. I'll be fine it got him locked up. Be safe and I'll see you soon." He says. I let go and they put him in the car.