6

I flip my penny board up and catch the top of it, going into Blue Spot. The bell on the door chimes and the clerk looks over at me. He has curly ginger hair. He smiles at me and motions to my board.

"If you want you can sit it against the counter. I'll watch it for you." I give a nod and sit it down then walk down the aisle where the candy bars are. I grab a Hershey bar and the bell chimes again. Bryce Walker comes in and gives me the usual smirk.

"Hey, Myla. You looking for a cold one? Tough day?" He asks as I walk over to grab a soda. I turn around and look at him.

"I don't drink." I open the door to the pop and he shuts it. "That stuffs not good for you. What you need is something all natural. Malt liquor." He hands a bottle to me and I just look at it.

"You really think I'm going to be able to pass for twenty one? I barely even look sixteen." I say looking up at Bryce. He takes the bottle and candy bar from my hand. "I got you."

He walks up to the counter and pays then I grab my penny board. He takes me outside around the corner where Justin, Alex, Montgomery, and Zach. "Hey, Baker! Come drink with us." Montgomery says, taking his shades off and walking up to me.

"Thanks but I gotta get home." I say. Montgomery comes over and puts his arm around my shoulders and walks me over. I look at Alex who is wide eyed when he sees me. Montgomery gives me a little shove and I fall into Alex who catches me and shakes his head.

"You come all this way to Blue Spot. You let Bryce-y buy you a beer. The least you can do is drink with us. Come on, drink your 40. Justin, you're up man." Montgomery says handing me a bottle.

Alex takes it from my hands and shakes his head. "She's not drinking." He says sternly handing the bottle to Justin. Justin holds the bottle back out to me. "Come on, man. You know the rules. Now you know I'm not going to lay a hand on her but someone has to get it if she doesn't. Your little girlfriend will be fine. Now the record is eighteen seconds to drink it all." Bryce says. I tear the wrap off the bottle.

"You go slow with it, Myla. Do you hear me?" Alex asks I nod. "Okay ready! Five, four, three, two, one! Go!" I lift the bottle to my mouth and start to drink, eventually stopping to cough. I start chugging again and finish before Justin.

"Attagirl! For being tiny as fuck you can sure down it!" Bryce says as I put the beer bottle down and start to cough again at the foul taste the beer left. Alex holds onto my shoulders as I try to keep from throwing up.

"She's coming with us. She's not going home on her board like this. God, she can barely fucking stand she's coughing so hard!" Alex says and I try to stand up straighter.

"Okay fine. Get her in the back seat. She'll have to sit on your lap." Bryce says. Alex gets in first and I climb onto his lap, resting my head against his shoulder. "Here, give me your phone." Alex says. I shift to hand it to him and he pulls up mom's contact.

I'm staying at Jessica's tonight. Project due on Monday.

Alex hands me my phone and I just put it on my lap. When we get to Bryce's, I get out and stumble when I go to take the first step to the pool house. Alex grabs my arm and my bag and we walk out to the pool house. We walk over to the couch and I lay down with my head on Alex's lap while they play video games until I eventually fall asleep.

----

"Foley! Come on." Bryce's voice is the first thing I hear when I wake up. I sit up and look at Bryce and Justin messing around. "Come on, Justin. You fight like a little girl." Montgomery says.

"You want me to show you fighting like a little girl, bitch?" I ask. Bryce laughs, putting Justin in a choke hold. I look up at Alex who has a hard look on his face as he plays the game.

"Fuck you. I'm not your fuckin' bitch, bitch." Justin says as he shoves Bryce to the ground and gets on top of him. I laugh, sitting over the side of the couch. Zach is laughing at the two fighting and I just try to not fall backwards.

"Come on, Alex. Play or don't. We're getting killed." Montgomery says. "Fuck you, Montgomery." His voice is so flat when he says it and next thing you know Montgomery's side o the screen shows he died.

Zach hands me the remote and I slide over the couch to play. I eventually kill Montgomery. Twice. "That's three times today, asshole." I say, I move around Bryce and Justin to go find Alex. There's something in the pool.

I move to the edge and scream when I see Alex underwater with his hands floating upward. Zach comes running out. I take off my shoes and jacket and go to jump in but Bryce shoves me out of the way and jumps in while Justin holds me back.

He comes up with Alex who is coughing as they bring him onto the edge. "Oh my god. Alex! You little shit!" I scream hugging him as he sits up. "You fucking asshole! Don't you ever do that ever again!" I punch his arm and he tries to keep from laughing.

He stands up and goes to change while Bryce just gives me one of his oversized tee shirts to sleep in which goes clear past my knees. We are all just sleeping in the beach house tonight so me and Alex sleep side by side in one corner of the house while everyone else is spread out throughout the house.