2

Ready, Mr. Foley?

Justin, you were my very first kiss. My very first hand to hold. My first true love.

Why did you do it, Justin? Why did you let Bryce send that picture?

It all started at the party where I met you, Justin. I remember that party very well. It was Kat's going away party. We stood on the porch with Clay and Myla when I seen you.

You kept staring up at us and I wasn't sure who you were staring at. Me or Myla. So me being the person I am turns to Sapphire and she gives me the look that I know all too well.

The 'go talk to him'  look.

You were soaking wet from the sprinklers and when you took your shirt off you turned around and smiled. 

And that's where it all started. That smile. That damn smile.

Kat moved away at the start of the school year so I was stuck with just Myla and Clay until you Justin decided to talk to me.

Being Kat's boyfriend was kind of the only remarkable thing about you, but Justin, you were my kryptonite.

I was an office assistant third period so I knew where you were third period.

I even decided to like basketball for you, Justin. And no matter how much I dragged Myla with me to those games she could still never understand why I did it.

She dragged me to those games so much I finally learned to bring my bag so I could do homework.

I know what you're all thinking. Hannah Baker is a slut. Oops. Did you catch that? I said Hannah Baker is.

Can't say that anymore.

I  dreamed our first kiss would take place in the park. I never told you that.

The dream starts with me at the top of the rocket with me holding onto the steering wheel.  It's still a playground rocket but every time I turn the wheel to the left or the right, the trees lift up and we're taking flight.

The night she came home from the park, Hannah was so happy. I missed that version of my sister.

And I'm scared because I don't know how to fly. But you're there at the bottom of the slide to catch me when I fall.

And that's all that happened.

We kissed.

Why? Did you hear something else?

Nope.

We just kissed.

Sorry to disappoint you but I guess now we're even. Sort of.

See I've heard so many stories about me now that I don't know which one is the most popular. But I do which is the least popular. The truth.

See the truth isn't always that exciting. Or the best or the worse. It's some in between. But it deserves to be remembered.

The truth will out, like someone said once.

It remains.

So thank you, Justin. Sincerely. My very first kiss was wonderful.

What came after my first kiss not so wonderful.

I remember the day that picture was sent out. Skye sent it to me with: WTF!

I'm not angry. I'm angry that I trusted you in the first place.

Under my desk, I had shown it to Hannah across the room and she was trying to hold back tears. I was ready to kill him and had it not been for Hannah holding me back I would have too.

A rumor based on a kiss ruined a memory I had hoped to be special. In fact, it ruined just about everything. As you'll soon see.

And stick around, Justin. I'm not through with you yet. I know you probably didn't mean to let me down.

In fact, most of you listening probably had no idea what you were truly doing, but you'll find out.

Hannah had been so happy before the rumor got out. But that wasn't the worse thing. It was the list.

Turn the tape over for more.