7

Whoever said the aftermath of getting shot is better than the initial pain is stupid.

I've been home for a few days and I can't even walk on my own without wanting to cry.

The next part of Hannah's trial is tomorrow and I have to go. It's Clay then me. All in one day.

After me is Bryce.

I've been thinking about what I'm going to say. I don't want mom to find out on the stand.

Justin looks at me from across the room. "What're you thinking about?" He asks. I shrug, pulling the blanket over me.

"What I'm gonna say tomorrow." He frowns.

"Don't worry about that tonight. Just enjoy the music and the high you're probably getting from those pain killers." He says.

"I'd rather have weed." I say, wincing when I try to move. Justin smiles and pulls out a baggie and tosses it to me. I open it.

The high from this is better than pain killers that's for sure. The only drug I've ever done is weed. I won't do anything else and it's the only thing Justin will do now.

"Go to sleep." He says and I do, I can't fight the high.

-------

Justin wakes me up at the usual time for the meds. I look over at the clock, it's almost nine.

"Do you want to shower?" He asks. I nod, trying to get up. He helps me up and limp into the bathroom.

Everything hurts still and I just want to curl back into a ball.

The water burns but I don't care.  I just want to get this day over with.

Justin helps me out of the shower with the towel wrapped around me. I sit down on the toilet seat and Justin brings some clothes in that he found. He grabbed a pair of leggings and a sweater.

I get dressed and limp back out to my bedroom, Justin hands me the crutches and I lean on them.

We go downstairs and we leave.

------

I watch as Clay sits down and they call me. My heart starts pounding. Justin helps me up to the stand.

They ask me to state my name and then it starts.

They ask about my relationship with Hannah, the things we used to do together, home life, and even school life. Then it moves to Bryce Walker and the baseball team.

They ask about the relationship between him and my sister. They ask if she would have came on to him and I let it slip. I see Mom's face.

I see the tears in her eyes well up.

I've started a whole other case.

This time it's not just a civil case. This time it is a criminal one.

It's about the assaults of all of us by him.