5

"Go to our spot. You'll know where."

It's taken me months to fulfill this for my sister and I hope whatever she left is still there.

I pull the door to the abandoned building and hope it doesn't fall in on my head.

We used to come here all the time. This was where I finally told her what happened to me.

Where I finally told her about him.

I walk over to the wall and move the stone where we used to keep cigarettes and joints to smoke.

There's an envelope and a tape.

My heart jumps out of my chest when I hear something crash in the other room.

My first instinct is to curl into a ball and hope they don't see me. The other is to run. Neither will work in this moment.

I can see the outline of a man against the shadow. He's so much taller and probably stronger than me.

"Well," my heart stops beating as I hold the envelope and tape to my body. "This isn't where I figured you'd come crawling to."

"What do you want, Nash?" My voice doesn't crack somehow.

"Well I figured I should give you a refresher after our last encounter. But I think you remember well enough." I grab the pepper spray from my pocket.

"If you come any closer I'll scream and call the cops." I say. He walks towards me and I shove the things from Hannah into my pocket.

"Do it. I'll make sure you don't see that little boyfriend of yours again." I almost correct and say he's not my boyfriend but I don't think in this moment it matters.

He goes to grab my wrist and I spray him in the eyes, taking off before he can grab me and do like last time.

I run until I can't anymore and by then I'm a mess. I'm crying so hard and so much I feel like I'm going to pass out.

I slide to the ground in an alley and try to catch my breath. I take the envelope out of my pocket and stare at it.

Myla

That's all it says on it. I look at the tape. There's a sunflower painted on the cover. My favorite flower.

------

"Hello?" Clay answers.

"Clay... Can you come get me?" I wipe tears off my face.

"Yes. Send me your location and I'll be there as soon as I can." He hangs up and I send him my location.

It's gotten dark by now and it's harder to see without the street lights.

Clay gets there within twenty minutes and I get in his car. He pops the door opens and looks at me worried.

"Why are you limping?" He asks worried.

"It doesn't matter." He knows to drop it. He won't get an answer.

"I have a surprise for you back at my house." I look over at him. "You just have to wait and see. You're going to like it."

I get out when we get to his house and of course I can't walk five feet before his mom starts asking why I'm limping and trying to out something on it.

We eventually make it upstairs and when he opens the door I freeze. Justin stands up and looks at me.

He hugs me and I don't want him to let go.

He sits me down on the couch in Clay's room and brings my foot on his lap and puts ice on it.

"What did you do?" He asks. I shrug my shoulders.

"Running. It's not that bad."

"I think it's worse than you think. Its swollen." Justin says. I try to move it but it hurts.

"I'll go to the doctor in the morning." I say, going to stand up but as soon as I put weight on it I fall.

"No. I'm taking you to urgent care now." Clay says. Justin is holding my arm.

"Was what they were saying true?" I ask him quietly.

"I ever knew you to be one to listen to rumors." I can't help but smile a little.

"I'm not. I just didn't know what happened. I was worried." Justin sighs.

"I stole money from Seth and I had to run. I started using but I'm clean now. You don't need to worry about that." He says. I give a nod as Clay comes back with the keys.