9

I sit back as Zach closes the door and Alex drives off. "I'm sorry, Myla." Alex says, turning the wheel to pull into his drive way. Neither of us moves, we just stare at each other.

"I know. I know you didn't want to. I much rather would you have done that than have to get beat up for no reason. I just wish you had slowed down because that honestly scared the living shit out of me." I say as he cups my face with his hand.

We sit like this for a while then go inside. Alex's mom, Amanda is putting dishes on the table when we go in.

Alex goes into the kitchen and cuts the zip tie off of my arm and looks at it before he wraps it up. Amanda is still shuffling around trying to perfect everything. She eventually sits down with us when his dad comes in the door.

He sits down with us and we eat, talking about the most random shit ever. Alex smiles at me across the table with his hands in his lap. "Okay. How are you parents doing, My?" His Dad says and I shrug because I honestly don't know how they're doing. I'm always somewhere else anymore.

We finish up and me and Alex go upstairs to work on stuff. His parents and my parents really trust us because we are allowed up here alone. Door closed. I look at my bag that holds the tapes that remain.

"Do you want to listen?" Alex asks. I look at him and shake my head, plastering a smile across my face. "No. I just want to forget about the tapes for a while." Alex smiles, wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"When do I get to my tape? I just finished Courtney's." I say looking at Alex. He doesn't respond for a minute.

"I can't tell you that, Myla. You have to find out on your own. I promise it's soon." Alex goes over to plug in his phone and I just look at him.

"Alex, I need to know. I need to know why Hannah did it. I feel like I'm going insane not knowing." Alex just sighs and shakes his head.

"It's not that bad, Myl-" I cut Alex off and clasp my hands over my ears. "You don't understand. I found Hannah. She was still alive but with cuts down her arm and two months later I get a box of tapes and I can't figure out why I'm on the-" Alex cups his hand behind my neck and kisses me.

"You know when you start to get worked up your face gets a little pink. It's really cute."  Alex breathes and I smile. He wraps his hands around my waist and brings me closer to him.

"Just forget about the tapes for a while. Just relax." Alex says, cupping my face again and kissing me.

I'm pulling on my fingers as he kisses me. I'm trying not to think about it. I don't want to be another Hannah Baker. It's my first kiss. My very first kiss. Ever.

After everything that Alex did to my sister i still forgave him and we are sitting here. Kissing. Kissing like my sister kissed Justin the night before her life went to hell.

The only thing missing?

The rocket slide at Eisenhower Park.