10

Alex shakes me awake and I push his hands away, rolling over. He shakes me roughly, saying, "Come on, My. We gotta get ready for school." I stretch and look at him. "Can't we just skip today?" I ask, looking up at him. Alex shakes his head.

"Nope. Come on. Get ready. We leave in twenty." I get up and go to take a quick shower then get ready for school. Alex is in the kitchen eating an apple. He throws a banana to me and I eat it then we go into the garage to his car. I get in on the passenger side and look at Alex who smiles.

"What?" I ask, a slight smile across my face. "Your shirt is inside out." He says. I slam my head back against the head rest. "Fuck," I say, taking the shirt off so that I'm in my tank top and fix it. Alex laughs, turning the car on.

He drives to school while I text Jessica. I put my phone away as he pulls into the school parking lot. We sit there for a minute and he cups my face and kisses me. We sit like that for a few minutes then we get out to go into the school.

We start walking across when a car suddenly speeds up and Alex shoves me out of the way. I see Montgomery behind the wheel as the car jerks to a halt. "The fuck! Man, people are trying to walk here." Alex yells helping me up. I hold onto his arm to keep him back from doing something stupid.

I see Justin in the passenger seat laughing as Alex drops his bag and walks up to the window. "Alex," I say, grabbing his arm again. "Don't do this. Just walk away." I say. He looks at me like he actually considered it for a second.

"Dude. Alex, chill it's all good. Listen to your girlfriend." Montgomery says, taking his hands off the wheel. "Oh, its all good? You think you can just run people over like everyone else at this fucking school?!" Alex takes a deep breath as I place my hand on his shoulder. "Get out of the car."

When neither of them move, Alex kicks the door and starts yelling at him. "Get out of the fucking car!" I stand on my tiptoes and place both of my hands firmly on his shoulders. "Calm down, Alex." I say. "I am calm!" He yells.

"You don't want to do this." Montgomery says. He tries to stand straighter to look taller. "Fuck you!" Alex shoves Montgomery back and I notice the crowd that has gathered. They are just going to watch as my best friend-correction, boyfriend- gets the living shit beat out of him.

Montgomery lands a hard hit to Alex's jaw and I see blood come onto Alex's hand. I instantly am on the ground, looking at his jaw but he pushes me away. Without warning, Alex gets up and tackles Montgomery to the ground, punching him. I look over at Justin who is just watching. "Stop them for Christ's sake!" Justin shakes his head with a smirk across his face.

The fight intensifies and I try to pull the two apart but instead I am shoved back into Montgomery's car. I stand up and they are rolling around on the ground as Montgomery beats the crap out of Alex. I see Clay watching and wave him over. He drops his bag and surprisingly helps get them apart for a short millisecond.

Alex gets up to leave but Montgomery throws him back down. Montgomery throws more punches and Alex just gives up, letting him hit him. He is on top and when he is least expecting it, I slam my bag over his head and he falls off of Alex.

"Touch my friend again and the next thing I hit is your dick." I go over to Alex as Montgomery tries to go at it again but Mr. Porter throws him to the ground. "What the hell are you doing?" Mr. Porter asks Montgomery. "He started it." Montgomery says. Mr. Porter talks with Montgomery for a minute as I help Alex sit up. He has blood coming from his nose and a cut on his face.

"We're going to the nurse." I tell Mr. Porter, trying to get Alex to stand up. He stands for a second but falls back down again. Bryce comes over and puts one of Alex's arms around his shoulders and helps me with him. We walk inside and Alex goes in to the nurse. I sit down next to him and he rests his head on my shoulder as I rub his shoulder.

I look up as Mr. Porter comes in and waves me outside. "I'll be right back." I tell Alex, going into the hall where I'm directed into the vice principle's office. She tells me to sit down and I do.

"So tell us how the whole fight started, Myla." She says. I sit up straighter. "Me and Alex were walking across to the school and Montgomery sped up in his car and almost hit us. Alex shoved me out of the way and had he not I probably would have got hit. Alex lost it and they started fighting. Alex did start the fight but Montgomery edged it on. I tried to pull them apart but lets be reasonable here. They are both half my size." I explain. Mr. Porter gives a nod in thanks from the corner.

I go back to the nurse's office and sit down next to Alex who grabs my hand and just holds it in his. "Once you get let off for this I'll take you home. You aren't doing anything today except like laying around and playing video games." I tell Alex who just smirks and nods.

Mr. Porter let's us leave and Alex lays down in the back seat with his arm over his eyes.