Oh Dotty

I wrote this chapter for LaurenDonald7, I hope you enjoy it xx

Silently opening the door with his foot, Joe balanced the mugs trying not to spill any of the hot liquid on the carpet of his Girlfriend's parent's carpet. Simultaneously he was also trying not to wake Dianne up, hoping to give he a few more minutes with her jetlag. Joe was actually shocked she was still asleep, it was several days since they'd arrived now and he could have sweared she had got over it days previous, much faster than him, yet it was 10am and she was still fast asleep. He couldn't complain, jetlag had allowed him to do his favourite activity; watch the woman he loved sleep. He was always mesmerised by how beautiful she looked all fast asleep and huggable.

Sipping his coffee and scrolling through his phone he enjoyed sitting in the sun soaked room, and the bless-ed aircon. Dianne had warned him he'd be grateful for it but he had no idea.

The body next to him stirred and pulled the covers up over herself more. She also shuffled closer to Joe's leg. Joe put his hand on her hair and stroked it a few times, like a symbol that he was there if she wanted to wake up. Or fall asleep again.

"Joe, is my head hot?" Dianne whispered, not moving, eyes glued shut.

"What?" He asked, taken aback from her question.

"Whisper please. Is my head warm?" Dianne asked, still laying on her front; unmoving.

Joe moved his free hand to her forehead and laid it there. He then lifted it to his own head and compared the temperatures. "A little bit, why are you feeling poorly?" He lowered his voice, frowning, returning his hand to her little head. She nodded and snuggled closer to his leg.

Joe put his coffee down and laid back down, adjusting his girlfriend so she was laying on his topless chest. He pressed a kiss on her warm skin and rubbed her back. He was holding back on all of the questions assuming she had a headache- she would tell him what was wrong or what he could do when he could do when she was ready. Instead he kept one hand on her back and the other was smoothing her hair out. She shivered and he pulled the cover up her further, ignoring how hot he was, she was always his priority.

Joe was feeling grateful that he had got their coffees already because that would mean nobody would come and find them yet because they knew Joe was awake. Consequently this gave him enough time to figure out Dianne's needs, figure out what was feeling poorly, without her family interfering straight away.

"I think I've got a cold," Dianne said hoarsly, putting her own hand on her head.

"Do you want to figure it out? Tell me what hurts?" Joe suggested, kissing her forehead again.

"I've got a headache, and a sore throat, my bones hurt and I've got a bit of a tummy ache," Dianne told him, after a bit of a silence where she was trying to figure out how cruddy she was feeling.

"You might hate what I say next Gorgeous, but I think you've probably got the flu, it's come on so quickly that I'm not sure it's a cold," Joe said, gently. Dianne sighed, Joe was probably right, this felt alot worse than a cold. "Do you want me to go and get anything, anyone?"

"Can you get Mum and a hot water bottle? But don't let anyone else know I don't feel well," Dianne asked, moving off him so he could get up. Joe nodded and bent down kissing the back of her neck and the little bit of her forehead he could see as she had returned to sleeping on her stomach. He reached over her and closed the shutters fully making the room much darker.

"Ah Rina, could I have a quick word," Joe asked as soon as he got down. Dianne's mum was in the laundry room opposite the staircase so Joe had managed to find her without alerting anyone else.