Joe's Sixth Sense

This is a part 2 to the previous chapter, you all love soft protective Sugg, so this is a chapter full of him. ❤ to you all xx

On his 28th birthday Joe was surprised to find he had woken up before Dianne. In their relationship it was a rare occurrence, only really happening when Dianne got in very very late and when she wasn't feeling well. This thought made Joe reach a hand and put it on her forehead, smiling when he found no apparent temperature. 'She must just be tired from her week and the party' Joe reasoned, drawing her close to him. In truth he couldn't think of any better way to spend his birthday morning than to be holding the one he loved, who he had known over a year, in his arms.

Joe closed his eyes and let the scent of his hair envelope him in a early morning haze. It was an intoxicating smell that filled him up from the tips of his toes to his rather crispy hair.

"Happy Birthday," a quiet voice startled him out of his trance.

"I woke up before you," Joe said, gruffly, head still burrowed into her hair, lips pressed to her tattoo.

"You did, you're 28, happy birthday," Dianne repeated, rolling onto her back and then other side to kiss his cheek. He turned his head towards her and captured her lips.

"Thank you, did you sleep well?" Joe asked their usual question. He loved rolling over, whatever time of day it was, kissing her and asking her how she slept. Most of the time he could answer for her- their bodies so synced that he knew if she was restless or woke up a few times even if he doesn't consciously remember.

"I had a few cramps and came on and stuff but other than that not awful. Enough about me though, how was your sleep, do you feel different waking up officially 28? Your mum told me you were born at 5am so its official!" Dianne said, mustering excited enthusiasm in the early morning. Well you say early but it was nearing half past nine so it wasn't really early- not in their books.

"It feels normal, which I'm glad about, I don't want anything to change, I like what we have. I'm sorry you're not feeling well Little One," Joe pouted, stoking her hair back so he could drink her morning face in.

"Oh it's nothing, I'll just nip the loo and get you a little Coffee to wake you up okay?" Dianne said, mirroring his actions.

"I'll just come with you, I want to get up anyway," Joe said, pulling the very warm covers of them both.

"28 has changed you," Dianne laughed walking towards the bathroom. Joe was close behind, ready for their usual routine but was stopped by her hand. "Can I have this alone, it's just, you know?"

"Shit, of course, sorry," Joe realised and kissed her head.

"Wait for me though?" Dianne called through the door. She couldn't think of a worse time for her period to come- first day training dev, Joe's first show, and his birthday to top it all. She knew she was going to be an emotional wreck this week anyway but this didn't help. Plus it meant she'd been feeling cruddy and needy today, on the day she was meant to be celebrating Joe.

"Can I get you anything Di? From downstairs, do you need anything?" Joe said, after he realised she had been a while.

"I'm fine, just daydreaming, sorry, you may piss," she said, opening the door, beginning to brush her teeth.

"I bloody love you Dianne Buswell," Joe laughed.

"I love you too Joseph."

Joe, once he was finished and had brushed his teeth, wrapped her in a hug, rocking them from side to side.