Chapter 6. The New Alpha

Jason's POV

"It's alright...You came back to me." Simon hugged me as tightly as he could, the same way i shielded his body with my arms to press him against me. The sweet smell of my one and only infiltrating my senses and bringing me close to euphoria.

I could feel the eyes of my former pack on Simon and I but i showed no interest in them. My wolf and I were too overjoyed with having our mate finally with us to notice anything else, that is until the old alpha spoke.

"Jason, Simon, let's go inside and talk in my office. Bring Johny to the infirmary with the pack nurse." He commanded to some of the men in the pack who carefully picked up Johny's body and brought him to get treated. I let Simon down onto his own feet but kept his hand in mine. My baby looks so beautiful after all these years. He still has that baby soft glowing skin, those big doe eyes and the brightest smile to light up anyone's mood. 

Going into the Alpha's office there were three other people with us, one of them was Chris whilst i don't know the other two people. The alpha didn't say anything about it however so i expected them to either be a beta and gamma or some type of guard. Simon and I stood in the middle of the room as the alpha went back and closed the doors. He looked me up and down and firmly held and patted my arms.

"Welcome back Jason." He said with a smile, making me smile lightly as well.

"Thank you Alpha."

"You don't need to call me that anymore, you're the one who holds that title now. Just call me dad." He smiled waving his hands in front of him.

"Sure...dad."

"Wahh...At first i didn't believe it really was you. I mean look at you! You look more like a greater alpha than i did in my prime. I can't believe that you used to be the same size as Simon."

"Dad!"

"Simon. You're the size of a child. It just makes you even more adorable though." The alpha said and that got a chuckle out of me, which made Simon hit my arm and let go of my hand and cross his arms pouting. My wolf was whimpering at the loss of touch but i was too busy watching my mate be so adorable. Without a word i grabbed his arm gently and moved him in front of me, one hand of mine on his shoulder and the other on his nape. A trick Chris told me about. Soon he stopped sulking and was leaning into my touch.

"It's comforting to know someone like you is Simon's mate, Jason. You two have always looked out for each other." He put a hand on my shoulder and smiled sadly at me.

"I can never thank you enough for saving Simon, even when it caused you to lose your sister."

"Dad..." I could feel Simon tense, i replied to him with a peck on top of his head.

"No matter how many times i thought about it, no matter if i could go back in time...i would always find myself saving Simon."

"You must really despise me. You saved my son and i knew about it but i still had the audacity to exile you...I'm really ashamed of myself Jason."

"I'm over it. If anything, my parents are to blame. I'm just glad you have been treating Simon correctly."

"Simon and Johny are the only family i have left. Losing my wife made me realize how quickly family can leave your side, it's important to cherish those that you have."

"You just saw Johny get beaten close to death?" I spoke with slight humor.

"Eh! He deserves it. I still had my doubts about him becoming the alpha and that dumb friend of his becoming the pack's beta. I think the pack will be in much better hands with you and your beta over there. Also he is quite big for a beta?" He whispered the last part to me.