Chapter 20. Jake the human

Simon's POV

"Where is he! I WANNA SEE HIM!"

"Fei-ah calm down! He is pregnant! You'll scare him off." I heard yelling outside the pack house, Jason was busy doing the dishes when the door suddenly slammed open. A boy who looked around my age sprinted towards me, but halted before he could crash into me and started eyeing me from head to toe in...amazement? 

"Uhhh...H-hi?"

"Shao Fei-ah! I told you to be calm. If i didn't tell Alpha you were trying to ram the door in, he would've taken your head." TangYi stood at the entrance, closing the door. Ah! This must be his mate!

"Pshh, Jason wouldn't do that to me. He can't even harm a fly."

"HA!" I heard my mate's voice boom from the kitchen, taking a step back to look at him, i notice him chuckling to himself.

"Sorry! It was rude of me to burst in like this, but I was excited to meet you." He held out his hand to shake.

"Oh it's okay...You are Chris's mate right?" I slowly took his hand and shook it.

"Ah yes! I forgot introducing myself. My name is Shao Fei, but you can also call me Jake if you'd like. I'm an active detective officer in the police force, 25 years old and Tang Yi's boyfriend. Oh and if Jason hasn't told you yet, I am human." He smiled brightly at me, his smile so innocent and sweet that it washed away my initial shock and worries and infecting me to smile as well.

"Nice to meet you, my name is Xia Yao, Simon is fine as well...wait you're 25?" I took a moment to rewind, he looked around my age, what do you mean he is 25!? Wait, that means he is oldest one here!? 

"Mhm. I usually get told I look younger."

"Probably because you act like a child." Chris wrapped his arm around Jake's waist and pulled him a bit away from me.

"TangYi! I am a responsible adult!"

"Uhu, and I am the one who kicked in the front door..."  He deadpanned, making Jake blush and look away from his mate. Chris played a little with his ear and gave him a peck on the temple. The was a slight height difference between them, but definitely not as big of a difference as me and Jason. I would say around a 4 or 5 inch difference?

Jason came in with some drinks and put them on the table we just ate at, signalling his beta and his mate to sit down, meanwhile coming over to my side and guiding me towards my seat.

'I've only been pregnant for a month, I can still walk you know?' I linked my mate.

'I know, but i like to take care of my babies.' Jason replied and gave me a quick wink.

We started talking some more. Most of the time Chris and Jason talked about work at the company and the pack whilst Jake told me stories of some of his police cases. The life of a police officer seems just as dangerous as that of a wolf, I am surprised that Chris isn't super worried about him all the time.

'Hello? Is this thing on? Yao-er can you hear me!?'

'Kuhn?'

'Oh! You can hear me! I can stop using a phone finally!'

'Kuhn ge, what are you doing? We have been able to link since forever, you just choose to use a phone.'

'Shut up nerd. Anyways how is your pregnancy going? Are you still going to school next week?'

'Yeah, I'm okay and will still be going to school for the time being.'

'You better let me see my little cousin the moment they are born!'