Chapter 14. Parental Issues

Simon's POV

I was finally able to have dinner again with the other people of the pack. Because my heat started right after Jason's pack joined, i couldn't properly meet every member. There were still a few i haven't met yet because of some of the pack members staying in the city rather than the pack house.

The air and feeling in the room was nice however there was this strange feeling that i've missed something. I would ask Yuan Zong but he wants me to get pregnant so he won't tell me about anything that would cause me stress, so instead i took Tang Yi to the side and asked him. Which worked out and made me really REALLY upset with Yuan Zong for the rest of the day...okay, afternoon.

"Yao-er, what's wrong? Why are you sulking and shutting me out of our link?" He knelt down as i sulked with my arms and legs crossed on the foot of our bed. I glared at him and something similar to a whine came out of his mouth. His eyes looked so heartbroken, but he should realizing that keeping things like this from me upset me.

"Yao-er...Love...Baby...Honey...What did i do wrong. Please tell me so i can fix it." I couldn't take it anymore, i didn't like seeing him like this.

"Why didn't you tell me the pack got attacked while i was in heat!" The sad expression was stuck to his face as his head dropped in shame and he kept bumping it gently against my arms.

'I'm sorry Yao-er...I didn't want to give you any stress during your heat. My members were able to kill the invading rogues without any injuries so i thought it would be unnecessary to tell you...' He linked me after i let him in again. Jun is also upset at our mate for lying to us however Jun doesn't stay mad for long, he is never able to keep up this act for as long as i can.

"Just please tell me next time alright, i am your mate but also the luna of the pack so i need to know everything concerning the pack." I unlinked my arms and placed them on my mate's head, playing around with his hair, slowly he slid up higher and put more weight against my body until i was lying down on the bed with Jason on top of me, his head resting on my chest.

"Mhm. I won't keep anything from you. Promise."

"How is Feng feeling?"

"Upset and stupid, just like me."

"Come on Big Dumpling, you apologized, i can't stay mad at you. It's alright."

"You're not mad at me anymore?" I shook my head in response.

"You sure?" I nodded and pinched his cheeks. He smiled and leaned down to take my lips. I wrapped my arms securely around his neck as i felt his hand underneath my shirt, rubbing my stomach gently.

After a slightly heated make out session, we went for a walk out. Jason was right, if Chris didn't tell me, i probably would have never known the pack had been attacked. The outside atmosphere was positive, there were no signs of previous conflict, children were happily playing outside whilst some of the moms and omegas were watching them. Simply put, in one word it was, Peaceful and normal.

"I'll have to go back to school soon." I complained.

"You could always drop out, you know i'd take good care of you right?" He answered back and ruffled my hair and intertwined our hands afterwards.

"I know that, but i'm a senior, i at least want to finish my education." I sulked, i didn't hate school and i just really wanted to finish my study.

"Don't worry Yao-er, in a few weeks you'll have to go on maternity leave anyways." I heard him kind of mutter to himself, but i didn't quite catch everything.

"What?"

"Nothing baby." He showed me a devilish smile and continued to pull me forward as my pace was wavering. We continued walking for i don't even know how long, walking together in a comfortable silence with the occasional touching and cuddling.

"You getting tired Yao-er?" My mate asked me as we stood still on a hill close to the town border.

"Yeah, kinda..." I chuckled. Jason chuckled as well before he crouched down in front of me, with his back facing me and grabbed my legs as he stood up. Hoisting me up, i was now in a comfortable position on his back. I wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck.

"Let's go home now." He said and started walking in the direction we came from.

"Zhong Ze?"

"Yes babe."

"I've been thinking right, there was something that bothered me this morning."

"What is it?"

"Uhm...Please don't be upset with me for bringing this up but...Have you spoken to your parents since you came back?" I asked carefully, i could already tell his parents weren't a topic of favor. And as i expected a growl left his mouth and i felt his body tense up more with each stride.

I hugged his neck tighter and nuzzled my face in his neck, hoping that it would calm him down. "You don't need to talk about it if you want..." I said softly, i could feel the anger around him dissipating and his speed slowing down. I felt his hand on top of my head, slowly petting my head.

"Don't talk to me in that sad voice, it breaks my heart Yao-er. I'm not upset at you." He heaved a sigh and continued walking at a normal pace again.

"I haven't tried approaching them yet. Honestly i am scared to face them. Yao-er, I am not a full rogue but i have lost some of my humanity. I am scared that i will immediately maul them when i see their faces again. They are the godforsaken reason i had to split from you!"

Even i hadn't seen his parents a lot, they stayed very disconnected from the pack as they moved to the city soon after Jason left however dad told me that they did occasionally stop by and help out the pack.

"You're the alpha now though, shouldn't you at least try and approach them?" Jason scoffed at that.

"Yeah right. Anyways they aren't of any priority right now. All that matters to me currently are you and getting our pup..." He might've said that but i know he is pondering about his parents now.

" He might've said that but i know he is pondering about his parents now