Chapter 15

Namjoon POV

"He fell off the deep end about a month or so after that night of your comeback when everything fell apart. He... he lost himself in a lot more ways than one, Jimin. Yoongi... He got really depressed after losing you. He started drinking. A lot. I don't think there was a time after he started drinking where he ever really actually stopped. The only time he'd give himself to sober up was when he finally fell asleep or passed out. He kind of gave up on life in a lot of ways. At some point, he finally went to the doctors though. I think Jin hyung made him so that he could make sure he wasn't causing any serious damage to his body.

"Jimin, Yoongi got diagnosed with cancer about two months ago now. He has liver cancer. The doctors told him that it depends on the patient, but they were fairly sure he wouldn't make it to three more years before he'd pass. What... What I'm not sure that Yoongi ever told you about, was his family. His mother developed cancer when he was in elementary school. She died from breast cancer when he was only seven. He... He lived through what that death had done to his father, not only the way it affected himself.

"Jimin, Yoongi loves you more than anything else in this entire universe. He cares for you in a way I've never seen anyone care for another before. He really does love you, but he doesn't want to put you through being with him only for him to pass away within the next three years. He doesn't want to hurt you like that and doesn't feel that he deserves to be around you because of that." I explain, trying hard not to cry myself.

As I speak, I watch Jimin's face crumble more and more. He's curled up in a ball by the time I've finished explaining everything, quiet sobs racking the younger's body. It hurts having to sit here and watch him cry over this, knowing the pain fairly well myself from the night Yoongi admitted that it was already too late to keep himself from an early grave. But, to find out that the person you love, the person who almost proposed to you, is dying the way hyung is... I can't imagine just how much that must be weighing on him.

I can still remember the day that Yoongi finally broke. The day he realized that Jimin wasn't coming back, that he wasn't going to call or text him to talk everything out. It was like any emotion he had just kind of left his body. He started drinking that night, already looking numb to the world. He didn't stop drinking after that. Morning, afternoon, or night, he was always drinking. You couldn't catch him sober after that day.

"Is-is it really terminal? Is there really no way to-to stop it or at least slow the process?" Jimin chokes out so quietly that I nearly miss it.

"He never said anything about it and I never asked, Jimin. Jin hyung called me over about a month ago now, Yoongi had been staying with him at the time. He wanted me to talk to Yoongi to try and straighten him out. I told him that we didn't want to watch him drink himself into an early grave, but... Yoongi responded saying that it was a little too late for that. I don't really know much more than that and what I've already told you. I figured it wasn't really my place to be scolding him and he's been miserable enough having to stick around without you in his life anymore. I wasn't going to push him to get chemo if he isn't already on it, just so that he can possibly suffer through this life for an even longer time than what he'll already have to." I respond quietly.

"S-so it's possible that he could live longer or even possibly get rid of it then, right? I-if he's not already on chemo?" Jimin questions, looking between me and the other boy.

"Hyung, you should be careful. At the end of the day, it's going to be Yoongi's decision whether he wants to take the chemo or not. That's really harsh stuff on someone's system. And let's not forget, you're not exactly single right now." Jungkook says softly, placing a hand on Jimin's shoulder.

"I can be though! I can call Taemin up and tell him right now!" Jimin exclaims, standing up and pushing the hand off his shoulder.

Though, at that exact moment, the door to the studio is pushed open and an angry looking Taemin steps into the room.

"Tell me what exactly, Jimin?"