TWENTY-FOUR [UNEDITED]

Taking a sip from a glass of punch, Aurelia looked around the tent, admiring the dresses that the girls wore.

People do have taste nowadays.

Her gaze moved to the dance floor, and she saw a pink-red dress, identical to Caroline's stolen one. She frowned when she saw Elena in it, and her frown became even worse when she saw that she was dancing with him.

Why would he dance with her if she broke his heart? Aurelia's frown immediately faded away when she remembered that he was trying to get her emotions back.

"Aurelia!" She heard Caroline say. Aurelia looked at her sister, smiling gleefully at the dress and the hair. "You saved my life! You've always had such good taste!" She gushed.

"Caroline, you look like a princess." Aurelia said with a smile as she hugged her.

"So, how do I look?" They heard Elena's annoying voice. Caroline looked like she was going to explode at the sight of her dress on Elena.

"Are you kidding me?!" She exclaimed. "You look like a backstabbing bi-" She stopped when Aurelia placed a hand on her back and at the sight of Stefan. She continued, but calmly. "The dress is beautiful, and it brings out your eyes." She said with clenched fists.

"Thanks." Elena said, smugly. "I thought I'd do it a favor." Aurelia was about to knock some sense into the brunette when Stefan stepped in.

"Aurelia, why don't you come dance with me?" He suggested, holding his palm out as the song changed. Aurelia sighed, taking it as she walked to the dance floor with him.

!

His hand rested on her waist and her hand rested on his shoulder. Their fingers intertwined, and they began to sway to the music. "You know, your dress is unlike any other here." He stated. She smiled.

"Thank you. Klaus just happened to have preserved it." Stefan rolled his eyes at the name as she softly laughed. "Funny. Do you have any progress with the doppelganger?"

"I don't know." He said. "I think it's affecting me more than it's affecting her."

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"Every time I tell myself that I'm moving on, that I want to move on, there's this part of me that can't seem to shake her." He answered.

"That's normal, Stefan." Aurelia said, looking at him. "You guys were in love, and that doesn't just go away because you declare that you're moving on."

"Then, tell me how anyone seems to move on." He said. She softly exhaled, looking down.

"To be honest, I don't know." She said, looking at him as she thought of something. "But, I'm sure that someday, you'll meet a whole new person, and fall madly in love with them." She said. "Suddenly, you'll have moved on without even knowing that you have." She added. "By then, I'm sure I'll be a pile of bones six feet under."

"No." He said. "Don't ever say that, Aurelia. you're not dying on me."

"Let's just enjoy how lovely this song is." Aurelia said, as he nodded once, softly. He didn't want to discuss such a nightmare on such a beautiful night.

"Let's do that." He whispered, as they leaned in closer together, dancing to the calm music. Aurelia almost inaudibly hummed to the music, and Stefan noticed how good she was with music.

She always had been good with music. He knew that.

He twirled her around and she came back to him, lightly hitting his chest. The pair dreamily stared into each other's eyes, ignoring the rest in the room.