Chapter 1 - All Bad News

Sundag, 18 September 2016.
A day nobody wants to relive.
In New York Presbyterian Hospital in Manhattan, New York City, Shawn Hunter and his fiancé, Katy Hart, is sitting at the bedside of a young girl.
Everything has gone from something really good to yet another accident.
The car accident wasn't planned and neither was it that Katy had to see her daughter in a hospital bed.
All those innocent people in the accident were receiving medical help and goodness knows how anyone is getting of from it.

A doctor in his late forty's came in the Isolation unit and immediately Shawn knew not everyone got off lightly.

"So I have good news and bad news. Which do you want to hear first?"
"Let's have the bad news," Shawn said.
"Very little of the people survived. A part of the twelve kids including Maya is going to make it. Cornelius, Topanga and Riley are dead."

Those words hit Shawn and Katy harder than they thought it would.
All three the Matthews?
How can that be possible?
Shawn took a minute to process it all before speaking again.

"What is the good news?" Shawn asked.
"Maya is going to survive this entire thing. But the others did not."
"Who else did survive?" Katy asked.
"Joshua Matthews, Lucas Friar, Isaiah Babineaux, Farkle Minkus and Isadora Smackle. The rest are dead. I'll give you a minute to process it."

Shawn absolutely went mad while all Katy had on her mind was what she is going to tell Maya.
And instantly he thought of the one thing nobody did.

"What are we doing about Auggie?" Shawn asked.
"Oh gosh. I completely forgot about the little guy," Katy said.