Chapter 2 - The Results

Thursday, 13 October 2016.
Four weeks later since the entire accident.
Lucas and all the other kids including Josh has been discharged and are just waiting for the funeral to take place.
Shawn and Katy put the wedding on hold and figured out as soon as Maya wakes up she will want to know about the Matthews.
But no one has said how serious her injuries are and if she'll ever survive.
Maybe physically but what about emotionally?
Her best friend and the people who raised her for ten years are dead.
How do you get past that and how do you just move on?
You can't.

It was late that fall afternoon.
Shawn was at the hospital while Katy had to work to keep everything going.
Shawn didn't have any shoots scheduled for the day so he could be with Maya.
The young girl was still on machines and pypes and goodness knows what more.
There was bandages around her arm, a cast around her neck and needles all over her body.
IV's, drips, breathing machines, oxygen masks you name it.
This past month it has been very hard for not just Shawn and Katy but for everyone else as well.
Josh was arranging everything funeral while his parents took care of Auggie.
The poor boy is still trying to process everything.
At just the age of seven he lost his parents and sister.
Not even Josh knows how he is keeping up with everything.
But he does.
Somehow in this crazy world he does it.

Shawn is sitting next to Maya while he is going through some stuff on his computer.
Of course he had some paperwork to do but he didn't want to leave the teenager alone.
Shawn looks over his computer and puts it back in it's bag.
He sighs as he takes the girl's hand.
He is trying hard not to break down but that isn't very easy.

"You must fight. Do you hear me? Fight with everything you have. Your mom is very worried," Shawn said trying to get some stuff off his mind.
"She keeps texting every five minutes to find out if you have woken up. Your friends are also starting to irritate me. Who would have guessed..."

Suddenly Shawn feels a weak press and looks at his hand.
Was it...
No it's impossible.
It can't be.

"Maya? Hey can you hear me kiddo?" Shawn said and Maya's eyes flutter open.
"Maya. Thank goodness," Shawn said and Maya turned her head.

She wasn't aware what is going on around her.
She looked around the room for Katy or someone else but nothing.
She struggled to breathe and Shawn knew he had to calm her down.

"Maya, hey. Take a breathe. It's okay. It... It's me. It's Shawn. Do you remember me?" Shawn asked and Maya nod slightly.
"Good. Just stay calm, okay? You were in a huge car accident," Shawn said and Maya tried to make sense of what was going on.
"Do you remember driving back from the ski lodge?" Shawn asked and Maya nods.
"You got into a huge accident sweetie. Let me go get the doctor," Shawn said and was gone.

Shawn rushed to tell the doctor and then he called Katy to let her know to come quickly.
The doctor did an examination on Maya while Shawn waited for Katy.

"Where is she?" Katy asked.
"The doctor is doing an examination," Shawn said and the doctor came out.
"Considering how bad everyone else took it she is very lucky. There won't be any permanent damage, she won't be paralysed which is good in any situation and it looks like her arm is going to make a full recovery. Why don't we go in?"

Shawn and Katy went behind the doctor and went inside Maya's ward.
Katy rushed to her daughter stroking over her cheek relieved that she wasn't very hurt.

"You are one lucky girl Miss Hart. You know that?" the doctor said.
"Thank you Doctor," Shawn said and he was gone.
"Shawn what did he mean?" Maya asked in a whisper voice.
"Baby Girl, Riley and her parents didn't make it. You and a bunch of your friends are the only survivals," Katy said and Maya's eyes widened a bit.
"What?"
"Maya you, Josh, Lucas, Zay, Farkle and Smackle are the only one's of the group who survived. There are many children who didn't make it. Unfortunately the Matthews are one of them. Riley, Cory and Topanga had a very rough experience. Riley was declared dead at the scene, Cory dead on the way from the scene and Topanga had a heartattack in theatre. I am so sorry Maya," Shawn said.
"No. No you're lying. That isn't..."
"Maya. It is true. Baby Girl they are gone," Katy said.

Tears instantly flew down Maya's face and Katy immediately saw it.
She tried to get her daughter calm while she had no idea how to console her.
She just lost people who meant a lot to her.
A lot more than anyone could tell.
But the question on Shawn's lips where how are they going to help Maya?