Chapter 16 - Feeling A Bit Nerves

It was a little later and Maya was just waiting for Josh.
She didn't want to pursue the entire trip but she said that she would and she knows that the Matthews probably already know she will be there.
She takes a few minutes to just take a breathe and hears a knock.

"It's open Josh," Maya said and Josh came through.
"Hey. You ready?" Josh asked.
"Probably," Maya said and Josh sigh.

He took Maya's hand and sat down with her on the couch.
He knew something was wrong.

"What is going on?" Josh asked.
"Why am I feeling like this? Suddenly everything feels unreal," Maya said.
"You are just feeling a bit nerves and that's normal. You haven't seen Auggie in awhile and probably doesn't know what to tell him. And that's fine. But you are not alone," Josh said.
"You keep on saying that but it doesn't feel like it. She is gone Josh. And who knows how everything else is going to end?" Maya said and took a deep breathe.
"Luckily the drive is two hours so you can relax and try to calm down. You still want to go?" Josh asked.
"Yeah of course. I am overreacting. That's all," Maya said.
"You sure?" Josh asked.
"I'm sure," Maya said and Josh gave her a kiss on her head.
"Okay let's load these suitcases then we can go," Josh said.