Chapter 9 - We'll Manage

It was about half an hour later and both Katy and Shawn were walking around in the apartment wondering where Maya could be.

"Where the hell can she be?" Shanw asked.
"I don't know Shawn. Listen maybe we should move on with our..."

Before Katy could finish her sentence Josh came in with Maya.

"Looking for someone?"
"Maya! Thank goodness," Katy said and embraced Maya.
"Maybe you should look at your phone sometime. I tried calling you like twice. I found her in the cemetery this morning," Josh said.
"Thank you Josh," Shawn said.
"Shanw can we speak for a second?" Josh asked.
"Sure."

"She doesn't remember a thing. When she woke up this morning she got a huge fright because she couldn't remember anything. She didn't remember packing a backpack neither me taking her to my apartment. Think the medication she is on is too strong," Josh said.
" She doesn't remember anything?" Shawn asked.
"No. I had to explain to her just a few minutes ago what is going on and that is my version. I don't know what is going on," Josh said and Shawn looked at Maya.

Of course he knew she only said she couldn't remember anything.
He knew she just didn't want to tell Josh about the fight.

" We had a fight and Maya saw it. It didn't go well. There were a lot of stuff involved which could upset her. Wait she was upset. We couldn't get her out of her room. Thank you anyway. We appreciate it," Shawn said.
"Anytime," Josh said.

"I have to get going. I have a class in one hour which I still need to prep for. I'll see you later," Josh said.
"Thank you Josh," Maya said.
"No problem. Bye."

"I'm going to lie down. I feel tired," Maya said and was gone.
"She doesn't remember anything," Shawn said.
"What?"
"Josh had to explain to her when she woke up where she was and why. We need to get her to the hospital so they can see what is going on. This is far from normal to just forget stuff," Shawn said.
"Cancel the dinner. I don't feel like putting up a face," Katy said and Shawn sigh.
"He'll want to know what is going on. And he'll come anyway to see if Maya is okay. They are very close. Like Maya and Riley were."
"Do as I say and cancel it. He can visit her but I'm not going to be present. I have work waiting," Katy said.
"What about Maya?" Shawn asked.
"If I don't go I won't be able to take care of her Shawn. She'll manage. She has always managed just fine when I have to be at work and she is here."
"Yeah but that was with Riley here. I can't leave her to her own mercy," Shawn said.
"She's not your daughter. We'll manage without you," Katy said and was gone.