Chapter 21 - The Truth

It was the next day and Josh was up from early the morning.
Of course be had to decide what is next and not just that but also what to do next with Maya.
He knows she isn't actually as tough as she seems even though she tries to be very tough.

"Joshua? Why are you up?" Amy asked.
"Well it is seven and a weekday. Besides I wanted to think awhile before Maya wakes up," Josh said.
"Ij heard you guys kinda said someday you'll be together. Smart move," Amy said.
"That might be sooner than I thought. This last week, I've... I've seen a side of her which I've never seen before. Mom, I think I've fallen in love overnight," Josh said.
"What do you want to do then, Son?" Amy asked.
"I'm going to tell her how I feel," Josh said.
"Yeah, that's a good plan," Amy said.

~

It was about ten am and Maya's eyes finally went open.
She heard laughter as she stood up and looked doutside of the window.
She saw Josh and Auggie playing outside and smiled widely.
She quickly got dressed before she headed out.

"Sounds like you boys are having a blast," Maya said

"Good morning, Sleeping Beauty," Josh said and Maya smiled as Auggie ran over to her to hug her.
"Morning, Buddy. How you doing today?" Maya asked.
"I'm good," Auggie said as he went back to Josh.

Maya smiled as she went inside the house seeing Amy and got held a cup of warm tea.

"Thank you. He's so good with kids," Maya said.
"Yeah, he is. You want kids someday?" Amy asked and Maya smiled.
"Yeah. At least four. Will be nice having a guy who would want kids as much as I do. I know I'm only fifteen but I can't imagine how life would be without that," Maya said.