Chapter 7 - Maya

It was half an hour later and Josh and Maya were at the apartment.
Josh got Maya's stuff in the spare bedroom while she was sitting in front.
She still didn't have any reaction to him and that was worrying him.

Maya was sitting on the couch while Josh tried to reach Shawn.
Of course he knew something happened but not what so he had to get hold of him.

"Shawn it's Josh. Please give me a call when you can. We need to talk urgently. Bye."

Josh sigh as he looked at Maya.
It looked like she hadn't eaten in awhile which wasn't good in her case.
He did hear that she was just discharged so maybe she is just really high on medication.
Josh grabbed a glass of water as he sat down next to Maya.

"Maya, hey. You have to drink something," Josh said but wasn't sure if Maya heard him.
"Maya?" Josh said and Maya turned her head.

For the first time in ages she is seeing him and maybe it is all just too much.
Josh looked in Maya's blue eyes and immediately saw a hint of sadness.
He put the glass down on the coffee table before facing her again.
Her eyes had in the meantime been filled with tears and he doesn't know how he can get her to calm down.
A lone tear escaped Maya's eye falling on her cheek while Josh catched it with his hand.
He pulled Maya in for a hug and immediately she let go of everything inside her.
The tears, the sadness everything.
Josh held her tighter than ever before and allowed her to let the tears go.
He knows she is going to need a lot more than just one night to forget everything.
But what he is wondering is what happened that she wanted to run away.