Chapter 15 - Is This The End

Maya was busy packing a few things for the long trip.
She wasn't actually feeling like going to see Auggie after what she had been through.
But she knows the little guy does need a bit of encouragement.
The seven year old doesn't know what to do and neither does Josh or his parents.
Maya never thought that Alan and Amy Matthews were going to ask for someone else's help with their grandchild.
But goodness knows what is going through the little guys head.

Maya just throws a few denims, shirts, jackets, socks, underwear, boots and a washbag.
As she was packing everything up she dropped a picture that was taken long ago.
Two years ago actually.
It was a Christmas picture.
Maya smiled as she saw how she and Riley stood next to Josh.
She hadn't seen this picture in potentially years and now she is really glad she took it.
She actually had no idea how she could stand next to Josh without feeling funny.
She actually still can't believe she is going with Joshua Matthews to Philadelphia for an entire week.
She would have jumped out of her skin but she can only think about what is going to happen this week.
She isn't stable and who knows what is going on.
And she doesn't know if she is going to make it.
Is this the end?