Chapter 8 - Scared

It was early the morning around six-thirty.
Maya woke up and got scared to where she was.
She doesn't recognize the place.
Where is she?

"Mom? Mom!"

Josh immediately came in the room and knew she was scared.

"It's okay Maya. Take a deep breathe," Josh said as she sat down next to Maya.
"Take a deep breathe. You're okay," Josh said and Maya closed her eyes.

She took a deep breathe trying to remember what she did the past few hours before opening her eyes again.

"Where am I?" Maya asked.
"You're at my place. I found you earlier this morning at the cemetery. So you remember?" Josh asked and Maya shook her head slowly.
"That's okay. Um... Why don't you get dressed then I'll make us something to eat, okay?" Josh said and Maya nod.

Josh gave her a quick hug before making his way to the kitchen.
He grabbed his phone to yet again try and call Shawn but there was no answer.
He didn't bother trying to figure out what is going on.
He had someone to take care off.

After Josh got everything ready he and Maya ate then they sat down on the couch.
Maya still didn't know how she got where she was and couldn't believe that Josh Matthews was looking after her.
She couldn't.

"Josh," Maya said and Josh looked at her.
"Yeah?" Josh said.
"Can you tell me what happened?" Maya asked and Josh sigh.
"Do you remember packing a few things?" Josh asked and Maya shook her head.
"Okay. I went for a walk through the cemetery to where Cory and Riley where buried when I found you there. You had no reaction, you didn't talk I didn't ask questions. After awhile I brought you to my place and you just kinda slept. Don't you remember anything?" Josh asked.
"I must have been high on the medication. I don't remember it," Maya said.
"It's okay. Maybe you should let the doctor just give you other medication. It's not good if you can't remember things," Josh said.
"Okay."