34

My dad wanted Daryl, Hershel, and me to come outside and talk with him, so I rushed and got dressed-

Once we were outside, he told us about the dead with Governor to hand over Michonne. It was smart, to keep the group safe, but it felt wrong. 

"No one else knows," He told us after he told us about the deal.

"You gonna tell 'em?" Daryl asked my dad and I looked at him. 

"Not till after," My dad informs us, "We have to do it today. It has to be quiet." 

"You got a plan?" Daryl asked him as he studied my dad. 

"We tell her we need to talk," My dad explained, "Away from the others." 

"Just ain't us, man," Daryl said as he shook his head at my dad. 

"No. No, it isn't," Hershel agrees with Daryl. 

"Why do you need me?" I asked my dad, and he looked at me. 

"She might feel safer with another woman there," He explained as he looked at me, "And I can tell she trusts you because of how trustworthy you are." 

And then Hershel walked off after my dad explained why I'm needed for the plan. And Daryl and I stay with my dad. 

"We do this," My dad said as he leaned in, "We avoid a fight. No one else dies." 

"All right," Daryl said, agreeing, and then he looked to me. 

"I understand," I said, "We're trying to keep the group safe." 

"Exactly," My dad said as he ruffled my hair, then he looked at Daryl, "We need someone else." 

I knew who he was talking about.

Merle. 

"I'll talk to him," Daryl said and I looked up at Daryl, "Alone." 

"No, I'll do it, alone," My dad said as he looked at me. 

"He likes me," I explained, "Not like that." 

"No, just me," He then walked away from us. 

Daryl then put his arm around me and pulled me into his side, to kiss my head. 

"I have to stay on watch, how about you go in and get Willow, and we can hang out as a family out here?" Daryl asked me and I smiled. 

"Okay," I said as I reached up and pulled him into a gentle kiss. 

I then walked into the cellblock and got Willow, I changed her real quick and put her in her furry onesie- 

Glenn and Maggie found it on one of their runs and brought it back. I then grabbed her a bottle and Daryl and me some berries. 

"You going to help Daryl keep watch?" Carol asked as she smiled, "I can watch Willow." 

"No, we're going to take watch as a family," I explained and smiled at the woman, "But thank you, Carol, you've always been a big help to me." 

She smiled at me then came over and hugged me. 

"I'll always be there for you," She said as she pulled away. 

I smiled one last time at her then walked back outside, to Daryl. He had taken the liberty to lay a blanket on the ground and was standing up and looking around. 

"We're back," I said and he turned around and smiled slightly at us. He then took Willow out of my arms and into his. 

I watched as he kissed her cheek and talked to her. And then I watched as he fed her. 

"This is so cute," I said as I got out the polaroid camera that Maggie got me. 

I took a picture and he glared at me, slightly. 

After a while, Daryl made Willow and me go back inside as it got colder outside. 

And after a while, I found Merle, where Daryl told me he was. I sat down on the floor and he looked at me. 

"Is this about Michonne?" He asked as he walked over and crouched in front of me, "Come to try and convince me to not do it?" 

"No, my dad doesn't have the guts to do it," I explained, and he whistled, "You need to, before he changes his mind. He will, trust me." 

"Wow, the Grimes Princess, betraying her dear daddy," He whistled again, "Why?" 

"I need my family safe, Merle," I explained as I looked at him, then I stood up, "I'm going to get her and bring her to you. The ruse will be there's a breach in the wall." 

He nodded and I went to find her. I found her, outside. 

"Hey Michonne," I greeted her and she turned to me. 

"Hey CJ," She greeted back. 

"Listen, I know you don't like Merle that much, but he found a breach in the prison, and I can't go down in there, because I gotta go feed Willow," I explained to her, "Can you go with him?" 

"Yeah, sure," She said and I took her down to him. 

After they disappeared into the prison, I went to the room where he was before that, where Daryl had talked to him, and where I sorta betrayed my father. They had just left, and I slid down the wall and just stared at the door, where they went out. 

And after a little while, I heard voices.